New food combinations?

k12314

So it's a fancy kind of tartar sauce? You wouldn't see that kinda stuff in a normal person's house, I don't think. Now that I think about it, the only time I've ever seen anything like that is in fancy restaurants.

I don't know about other countries but rémoulade is fairly common in germany.

If we don't buy it, we make it ourselves.

It is perfect for stuff like crustaceans, sandwiches, fish (breaded) and hot dogs.

It's THE fucking sauce for food like that.

Edit: I am 100% certain that they have rémoulade in the US, too. I've been at some diners and I didn't came across one single diner that didn't have it on a sandwich or on fish/crustaceans

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google: "Very much like the tartar sauce of some English-speaking cultures, remoulade is often aioli- or mayonnaise-based."

Yes I had to look it up; it can currently be used in the potato salad recipes (can replace mayo).

Not going to spoil the recipes for anyone; just saying if you know it; you can use this or mayo.

My first guess was a wordplay on Romulan Ale from Star trek or something :geek:

So it's a fancy kind of tartar sauce? You wouldn't see that kinda stuff in a normal person's house, I don't think. Now that I think about it, the only time I've ever seen anything like that is in fancy restaurants.

I don't know about other countries but rémoulade is fairly common in germany.

If we don't buy it, we make it ourselves.

It is perfect for stuff like crustaceans, sandwiches, fish (breaded) and hot dogs.

It's THE fucking sauce for food like that.

Edit: I am 100% certain that they have rémoulade in the US, too. I've been at some diners and I didn't came across one single diner that didn't have it on a sandwich or on fish/crustaceans

In fact, the salads/remoulade thingy was something added by Thuztor for the farming mod, tho it was buggy, I decided to take 10min to add them :)

So... If remoulade doesn't really exist in Kentucky, we may remove it, something can confirm, to be sure ?

It's pretty well known in Europe tho.

For those who don't know, you have new recipes, potatoe salads (with or without bacon), with a bowl, cabbage and another vegetable you can start to make salad (boring, tasty....).

Yeah, that's what I mean. We have remoulade here, but it's not a common household condiment. It's mainly used in diners and restaurants for various dishes. It shouldn't be outright removed from the game, but rather set to spawn in, well, diners and restaurants. Maybe make it rare for houses, because I can imagine a few people having bottles of the stuff.

Yeah, that's what I mean. We have remoulade here, but it's not a common household condiment. It's mainly used in diners and restaurants for various dishes. It shouldn't be outright removed from the game, but rather set to spawn in, well, diners and restaurants. Maybe make it rare for houses, because I can imagine a few people having bottles of the stuff.

I don't think we should ask the devs to prioritize this over more pressing issues. Lets put it last

on the to-do-list if anything, or preferably keep it as is - since it's not very common anyway. My

feeling is: It's nice to see some new items even if we need to bend the "truth" slightly. Lets just

pretend that Remoulade sauce is the new trend in the area, or was the new trend, before the

disaster struck. That's my two cents on the #Remoulade-affair".

:P 

Google: "Very much like the tartar sauce of some English-speaking cultures, remoulade is often aioli- or mayonnaise-based."

Yes I had to look it up; it can currently be used in the potato salad recipes (can replace mayo).

Not going to spoil the recipes for anyone; just saying if you know it; you can use this or mayo.

My first guess was a wordplay on Romulan Ale from Star trek or something :geek:

That's what I thought too!

I don't think we should ask the devs to prioritize this over more pressing issues. Lets put it last

on the to-do-list if anything, or preferably keep it as is - since it's not very common anyway. My

feeling is: It's nice to see some new items even if we need to bend the "truth" slightly. Lets just

pretend that Remoulade sauce is the new trend in the area, or was the new trend, before the

disaster struck. That's my two cents on the #Remoulade-affair".

:P

Oh, yeah, I just mean that it's something to do down the road once the game is getting polished up. For now I can deal with it being in someone's fridge. I was just stating it's not a common household condiment in the States.

Wikipedia: "Very much like the tartar sauce of some English-speaking cultures".

Isn't tartar used in the U.S.? As in Sweden also in Finland it's pretty common with fish to have tartar sauce with it or on top of a bread.

I've never seen it in Canada.

I know certain restaurants offer a steak tar tar, though.

We definitely have tartar sauce in US. It's very common. Is it the same thing exactly? Or just something like it?

I was just looking on wikipedia. It's a lot like it, but not exactly like it, and evidently is very common in the southern US. Specifically places that have a lot of Cajun foods. So yeah, I guess it's relatively common here too. Being a northerner I'd never heard of it though.

Isn't tartar used in the U.S.? As in Sweden also in Finland it's pretty common with fish to have tartar sauce with it or on top of a bread.

Tartar is used, yes, as is remoulde. But again, it's more of a "restaurant condiment" rather than something in everyone's home. Just a detail to touch up when the devs have the chance.

It seems like loot is still kind of all over the place in the new build right now anyway. I looted the West Point police station this afternoon and found 4 sweaters, some socks, and a battery in their gun lockers. Either that or the West Point PD may be a little confused about effective methods of crime prevention. Or possibly are employing Macgyver.

It seems like loot is still kind of all over the place in the new build right now anyway. I looted the West Point police station this afternoon and found 4 sweaters, some socks, and a battery in their gun lockers. Either that or the West Point PD may be a little confused about effective methods of crime prevention. Or possibly are employing Macgyver.

I'd say all three. But yeah, that seems to be the case. In which case we just wait for the devs to clean the loot spawning up.

Does anyone know if there are berry bushes in West Point yet? I just combed the hell out of a huge wooded area and didn't find a single one. I did find a campground way out in the woods though, which is admittedly way more awesome. Some berries would be good too though.

They've pretty much become my solution to not wanting to deal with farming.

No, it's all the time. At least until you find and pick them. They only grow on specific bushes, that are only placed in some areas. If you take a walk on almost any of the little dirt paths through the woods in Muldraugh you're bound to find a patch. They look different than trees. There's a few give aways if you're out looking. Scroll your mouse around in the trees, because they'll highlight like containers when you hover over them. Another thing you can do is walk close to the edge of the trees with your right inventory box set to stay opened. When you get close to one it'll appear as an item container to be searched within that box. Once you've found one patch you'll be able to see what they look like and how their situated, and then it's easier to start finding more. I can point a couple thickets out to you on the map if you want. I know a lot of the fun of this game is figuring it out on your own, so I like to ask first before I just do it.

No, it's all the time. At least until you find and pick them. They only grow on specific bushes, that are only placed in some areas. If you take a walk on almost any of the little dirt paths through the woods in Muldraugh you're bound to find a patch. They look different than trees. There's a few give aways if you're out looking. Scroll your mouse around in the trees, because they'll highlight like containers when you hover over them. Another thing you can do is walk close to the edge of the trees with your right inventory box set to stay opened. When you get close to one it'll appear as an item container to be searched within that box. Once you've found one patch you'll be able to see what they look like and how their situated, and then it's easier to start finding more. I can point a couple thickets out to you on the map if you want. I know a lot of the fun of this game is figuring it out on your own, so I like to ask first before I just do it.

I've found some berries in West point.  There is a small one story house a little ways west of the school, off by its lonesome in a wooded area.  Right behind it, against the south/west wall are six or seven bushes. 

I don't think I've even found the school yet. I keep spawning on the southern edge of town, so most of my exploits there have been within that general area. I know there must be more town if you head west/northwest  from the main shopping district, but I haven't managed to get too far up into that residential area yet. I went straight north at one point until I hit the coast, but I haven't gotten a chance to strike out west yet because my game keeps crashing when there's more than a handful of moving zombies on screen, and it's really hard to get through that area without something happening that causes the zombies to all either run towards you, or some other sound.

I'm living in the campground with my longest running West Point originating character, and I've combed the crap out of all those little hiking trails back there and haven't found a single berry yet. Which is what lead me to question whether they'd been implemented there at all yet. You'd think if they were going to be anywhere in abundance it'd be the hiking trails spidering out from the campground, wouldn't you? At least that was my logic.

Tartar is used, yes, as is remoulde. But again, it's more of a "restaurant condiment" rather than something in everyone's home. Just a detail to touch up when the devs have the chance.

No, here in Australia tartar sauce is quite common in homes, heck I don't think I have even seen it in a restaurant apart from fish n chip shops.