New food combinations?

k12314

After a recent foray into West Point (As in I started in Muldraugh absent-mindedly and hauled ass North) I have discovered new food. Ham! After also finding cheese, mayonnaise (also new) and some bread, I was hoping to make a delicious ham, cheese, and mayo sandwich. But to my dismay, I could not. Are new recipes in that utilize the new foods or am I stuck eating a whole ham, a loaf of bread, and drinking mayo?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you try it out?

I have been. My only thought is that I MAY have to cut up the ham with a knife, which I can't find. But other than that, I'm stumped as to why I can't make a ham sandwich. I settled for a cheese sandwich instead.

Perhaps you have been blessed.

Perhaps it is a rum ham.

I dunno, but it was tasty as hell.

I have no idea how I'm still alive considering I ran across all of West Point with a horde hot on my tail. The ham was my victory feast.

There's all kinds of new food. I have a fridge full of stuff I've never seen before. I plan on trying out a bunch of different things. Just found an egg plant and some vegetable potato salad, which I'm assuming you can make, before I exited out. Finding bottles of some kind of drink I've never heard of before too.

There's all kinds of new food. I have a fridge full of stuff I've never seen before. I plan on trying out a bunch of different things. Just found an egg plant and some vegetable potato salad, which I'm assuming you can make, before I exited out. Finding bottles of some kind of drink I've never heard of before too.

Well if it's a bottle it's most likely not even a drink, but in fact some strange topping. I've never heard of it either.

I'm confused. I take it this isn't on the Steam version yet?

It's in the latest Steam beta release.

Google: "Very much like the tartar sauce of some English-speaking cultures, remoulade is often aioli- or mayonnaise-based."

Yes I had to look it up; it can currently be used in the potato salad recipes (can replace mayo).

Not going to spoil the recipes for anyone; just saying if you know it; you can use this or mayo.

Google: "Very much like the tartar sauce of some English-speaking cultures, remoulade is often aioli- or mayonnaise-based."

Yes I had to look it up; it can currently be used in the potato salad recipes (can replace mayo).

Not going to spoil the recipes for anyone; just saying if you know it; you can use this or mayo.

So it's a fancy kind of tartar sauce? You wouldn't see that kinda stuff in a normal person's house, I don't think. Now that I think about it, the only time I've ever seen anything like that is in fancy restaurants.

AFAIK, it can be commonly found in Europe, at least, in France and UK.

You can easily find some in any british pub, and it is very likely to be found in fridges in France (as often as you can find grated carrots/other salad vegetables).

"Remoulade" usually is used with some celery, which is known as "celery remoulade".

AFAIK, it can be commonly found in Europe, at least, in France and UK.

You can easily find some in any british pub, and it is very likely to be found in fridges in France (as often as you can find grated carrots/other salad vegetables).

"Remoulade" usually is used with some celery, which is known as "celery remoulade".

Yeah, it's not a very well-known thing in America for the most part. Like I said, it's mainly used in restaurants. I doubt many people would have it in their house.

In fact, the salads/remoulade thingy was something added by Thuztor for the farming mod, tho it was buggy, I decided to take 10min to add them :)

So... If remoulade doesn't really exist in Kentucky, we may remove it, something can confirm, to be sure ?

It's pretty well known in Europe tho.

For those who don't know, you have new recipes, potatoe salads (with or without bacon), with a bowl, cabbage and another vegetable you can start to make salad (boring, tasty....).

Remouade sauce, mmm! With some boiled potatoes, a nice breaded fish, a fresh salad and a pint of lager/a dash of vino bianco. Takes you to heaven and back!

Damnit! Now I must go to the supermarket, you are like the Lord of the Rings books, always getting hungry when I read them.

Here in Sweden Remoulade is a popular sauce with fish. It can be served hot or cold.

I usually make the cold one: You take pickled vegetables and chop it up to a fine mince,

and then mix it with Creme Fraiche and Mayo - (and salt, pepper and lemon). Tasty.

The fish is usually breaded, like this: You dip white fish first in flour, then egg wash, and

then in breadcrumbs. You can then fry or deep fry the breaded fish.

It's usually eaten with potatoes or rice.

You can find bottles with Remoulade sauce in every store throughout Europe and the US.

It's a very common and well known sauce. I know, I work as a chef (À La Carte).

If you go to London for example and buy fish and chips you can have Remoulade added,

to dip your chips (french fries) in.

/ Cheers

remouladesas-284808.JPG