How to add other trees to the rules sheet?

cardenaglo

Hey yall, I've been tinkering with the rules sheet the last few days to add more colors to the bitmap to make farms a bit more easily, as Im a big fan of just creating things randomly. Then I decided big flower fields and other sorts of trees and all sorts of miscellaneous items would be nice to see to differentiate areas. The problem I'm coming across is that trees that arent some sort of Pine variant have the trunk as one layer and the leaves on a higher layer. This would work fine in the builded tool but for use on a veg bitmap theres nothing higher than the vegetation layer. Now if I add a layer and call it "vegetation 2" and have the leaves appear on layer "vegetation 2" it works out fine. The problem is that I can only make that layer in tilezed and only one cell at a time. Now my question is how can I do this where someone would not have to add a layer to each of their cells?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you might have some trouble with that. As I recall they added a second system atop of the existing tree system when they upgraded to multi tile trees that makes things uber complicated.

You may be forced to mine the forum for answers.

May the Spiffo be with you.