Bow / Makeshift Bow - Ideas

Syrax

Hello folks!

Now I've informed me about this suggestion and i know its comming but i have a few ideas for it (hope you dont mind).

My idea is, that you can find a bow (example a Compound- and/or a Recurve-Bow) and some arrows like carbon arrow, wich are very light and fast and some makeshift arrows(wooden arrows, wich are slower and heavier).

You also can craft an makeshift bow, wich is lighter than all the other bows but makes not as much damage, because of the shooting strenght.

An arrow can break with the time and all arrows have an chance to break if you shoot one, when carbon arrow are full life they have an chance to break from 0% when makeshift arrows are full life they have an chance to break from 20% (they only break after hitting a target or a, as an example - a wall, not in the moment when you shoot). You also could pick up the arrow from corpses and the ground.

The shooting system could be so:   you have a loading bar over your head (like when you read a book) and when the bar is full, than the bow is taut and now it makes more damage, the accuracy is increased and you can shoot further. When the bar is'nt full you can anyhow shoot. The more the bar is filled, the stronger are the effects mentioned above.

Each time you shoot you are loosing stamina and when you shoot to often you can suffer from exhaustion.

Maybe you could carry off injuries on the hand from shooting (all that have shooted with a bow in real life earlier does know what i mean :D)

There it is worth considering that you have to wear archery gloves to counteract that above :D

The crafting recipe:

Makeshift bow:       1x Sturdy Stick

1x String

1x Ripped Sheet

(crafting with a saw)

Makeshift arrow:    1x Sturdy Stick

1x Chipped Stone (another option is that you sharp the arrow with an knife)

1x String or 1x Duct Tape

1x Empty Bottle or Paper

(crafting with sissors and saw)

And here a few pic's

Bildergebnis für archer glovesThats an archery glove

recurvebogen.jpg Recurvebow

compoundbogen.jpg Compoundbow

~Syrax

Edited by Syrax