Zombies in my house

Syrax

Hey folks,

something wierd and scary happend last PZ night:

I've went to sleep and when i woke up at 2am i went down the stairs and arround the corner there were 2 Zed's waiting for my (my heart slipped into my pants) all my windows were barricaded and I put curtains infront, how did they get into my house??

the only thing i could imagine is that they opened a door and closed it behind them because the weren't locked, but i dont think so xD

Do you now something about it?

Did that happend one of you too?

Or is it just a bug?

thanks in advance 

Syrax :3

Zeds could opens doors with some settings indeed (but if you're on SP, you certainly may know if you use that settings) but they're not polite enough to close them behind.

It may happens that some "Night event" (doesn't remember the exact name of the setting) spawn zeds inside a "safe"house ; usually this spawn is disable as soon as you've build something [floor, wall, furniture, etc.] inside : barricades seems not working.

You're not the first to experiment it (there's even at least one play through showing that happens in Live) ; it's still pretty rare but very memorable :) 

The few cases i remember in the past years describes something similar to your experience (and in, at least one case, there's a playthrought where it happens in live).

5 hours ago, Syrax said:

Hey folks,

something wierd and scary happend last PZ night:

I've went to sleep and when i woke up at 2am i went down the stairs and arround the corner there were 2 Zed's waiting for my (my heart slipped into my pants) all my windows were barricaded and I put curtains infront, how did they get into my house??

the only thing i could imagine is that they opened a door and closed it behind them because the weren't locked, but i dont think so xD

Do you now something about it?

Did that happend one of you too?

Or is it just a bug?

thanks in advance 

Syrax :3

You need to explore the house fully, every corner so they dont spawn in your house

9 hours ago, agreubill said:

Zeds could opens doors with some settings indeed (but if you're on SP, you certainly may know if you use that settings) but they're not polite enough to close them behind.

It may happens that some "Night event" (doesn't remember the exact name of the setting) spawn zeds inside a "safe"house ; usually this spawn is disable as soon as you've build something [floor, wall, furniture, etc.] inside : barricades seems not working.

You're not the first to experiment it (there's even at least one play through showing that happens in Live) ; it's still pretty rare but very memorable :)

The few cases i remember in the past years describes something similar to your experience (and in, at least one case, there's a playthrought where it happens in live).

Oh ok meanwhile i've build a few walls and Iam starting to make a farm :D

Yeah it happened to me too because of night events, so I disabled it. It doesn't make sense that zombies spawn directly into or even next to your safehouse.

And of course all doors were closed and windows boarded AND there were walls all around my safehouse

On 1/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, Syrax said:

You might be living in a town that is the greatest spawn point for zombies and where most of them actually appear at the start of the map ( highway ).
With a body count like that - i'd say they busted a barricade. Or you didn't put boards ( they can go through curtains, and so do you btw ) on the back windows.

I'm long since playing without sleep enabled, so dunno about night events.

2 hours ago, SDFR said:

You might be living in a town that is the greatest spawn point for zombies and where most of them actually appear at the start of the map ( highway ).
With a body count like that - i'd say they busted a barricade. Or you didn't put boards ( they can go through curtains, and so do you btw ) on the back windows.

I'm long since playing without sleep enabled, so dunno about night events.

Ive barricated my full house and closed the door and i woke up in the middle of the night 

Ive slept earlier because i was very tired.

Archived