Cooking is difficult

Syrax

I beleive that in itself, there is no inherent difference between ingrédients as far as happines/unhappines is concerned. For those stats, it's the diversity (or lack thereof) that will yield greater benefits (for exemple, a soup with 6 different ingrédients will yield good result whereas a soup with 6 of the same ingrédients or 2x3 ingrédients will yield poor results).

However, i beleive there is a difference between ingrédients where hunger is concerned. I cannot state that the values simply add-up because I don't know how the internal formula work... but if you bunch-up various low hunger ingrédients (e.g.: raddish, mushrooms, lettuce, carrots, bellpepper and brocolli : in a salad) you will have a lower hunger that if bunch-up higher hunger ingrédients.

For more information on this topic I suggest this wiki page : http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Recipe_Ingredients

6 minutes ago, MyTJ said:

I beleive that in itself, there is no inherent difference between ingrédients as far as happines/unhappines is concerned. For those stats, it's the diversity (or lack thereof) that will yield greater benefits (for exemple, a soup with 6 different ingrédients will yield good result whereas a soup with 6 of the same ingrédients or 2x3 ingrédients will yield poor results).

However, i beleive there is a difference between ingrédients where hunger is concerned. I cannot state that the values simply add-up because I don't know how the internal formula work... but if you bunch-up various low hunger ingrédients (e.g.: raddish, mushrooms, lettuce, carrots, bellpepper and brocolli : in a salad) you will have a lower hunger that if bunch-up higher hunger ingrédients.

For more information on this topic I suggest this wiki page : http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Recipe_Ingredients

oh ok thank you

Why there should be a basic algorithm added to the game. Where you click make soup/stew/salad/fruit salad it automatically chooses 1/2 high hunger items and sprinkle in the other four items. Or at least have a button to choose random items with none matching unless there is not enough items.

This pick and choose bores the living crap out of me.

Hands down the worst part of the game.

4 hours ago, nickodemos said:

Why there should be a basic algorithm added to the game. Where you click make soup/stew/salad/fruit salad it automatically chooses 1/2 high hunger items and sprinkle in the other four items. Or at least have a button to choose random items with none matching unless there is not enough items.

This pick and choose bores the living crap out of me.

Hands down the worst part of the game.

So don't try to min-max your diet. Not like it matters beyond ensuring perishable food isn't dangerous.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:11 PM, Syrax said:

Hi Guys and Girls,

Does it make such a difference what for ingrediance you take for your meals?

example enclosed:

(Unglücklichkeit = unhappiness)

20190118190733_1.thumb.jpg.e69292066af7eb5d0c4b3d38983fc878.jpg20190118190739_1.thumb.jpg.b66515b6b8790c87f2a84354f4d5b684.jpg

I believe soups and stews take different ingredients once you choose to make one. Same goes with types of salads.
Ideally not picking stale ( doesn't have a Fresh in front of it ) ingredients will result in more hunger reduction, altho stale meat and such could still be used in stews to an alright effect.

It's really not difficult, especially since you have a long list of possible ingredients if you cook through Crafting menu (hammer icon).

It's actually part of the game that i enjoyed greatly and probably why i'm still around. (500+ hours )

2 hours ago, SDFR said:

I believe soups and stews take different ingredients once you choose to make one. Same goes with types of salads.
Ideally not picking stale ( doesn't have a Fresh in front of it ) ingredients will result in more hunger reduction, altho stale meat and such could still be used in stews to an alright effect.

It's really not difficult, especially since you have a long list of possible ingredients if you cook through Crafting menu (hammer icon).

It's actually part of the game that i enjoyed greatly and probably why i'm still around. (500+ hours )

yeah i have also a lot of fun when iam cooking :D

Hey there!

Did they recently change how happiness of custom recipes work? One year ago it was like this:

"Ingredients also provide boredom and unhappiness reduction: every ingredient adds -5 boredom/unhappiness the first time it is added. However boredom and unhappiness penalties will be added if a recipe contains 3 of the same ingredient. " (taken from http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Recipe_Ingredients)

So a salad with 6 different ingredients had 30 happiness, if I remember correctly.

Now if you try to do that, the happiness value will change as follows:

5  10  15  15  10  0

So if you have too many different mats in a meal now, it will taste bad/wont provide happiness. Right?

Okay, boredom was removed completely, and I did more tests concerning happiness:

You can actually exceed 15 happiness if you mix vegetables and meat in a salad.

a.jpg.9d15efb0e1eefe6af4020c62d0fc7ebf.jpg

I think I like these changes though, they are kinda realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

If you put 3 of the same ingridients  salad/stew/whatever will still be eadiable - will just not give bonus to unhappines. 3 is max - after that ypu got negative points. Spieces helps ( salt and pepper) but are hard to find. Using stale ingriedients is better then fresh ( to save food and get at least no negative effect from food) - ypu have 2 salads ( veg -with or without meat and fruit) be carefull thpugh it is possible to add watermelon to veg salad and ruin it ( lots if debuff) -i think of this like easter egg. 

Cooking recipies in pz are "evolving recipies" - they are flexible of what ingrieidients ( actually there are few different for salad/fruit salad/soup/stew etc) but there are similar. 

Ypu don't have to cook soup or stew if it has not meat or diary in it ( it says uncooked and cooking gives bonus but you can still eat uncooked veg stew if you have lack of fire). 

To lvl up coking : fry rotten meat, try to add as many actions with food as possible ( slice bread watermelon. Make rashes from stripped bacon etc) and books

On lvl 7 you can make some food from rotten infridients - low quality but still.

Archived