Can you move a car without a key?

Syrax

Hello again :D

In front of my house is an car and i don't have an key for it, now my question:

Can i move the car to another place to have the space for another car for that i already got a key?

Thanks in advance :D 

Syrax

15 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

Yup. If have 2 mechanic and 1 electric skill, you can press V and start the car without the key aka hotwire it.

ouw now i got it thanks xD 

but that makes a lot of noise doesn't it? 

as an example i have triggerd an alarm in my neighbourhood and now there are plenty of Zombies in my surrounding is this comperable?

3 minutes ago, Syrax said:

ouw now i got it thanks xD 

but that makes a lot of noise doesn't it? 

as an example i have triggerd an alarm in my neighbourhood and now there are plenty of Zombies in my surrounding is this comperable?

Hotwiring doesn't make any sound. It's like connecting two wires or something like that.

Why would it even make any sound? :)

1 hour ago, Burger_Time said:

Hotwiring doesn't make any sound. It's like connecting two wires or something like that.

Why would it even make any sound? :)

Oh sorry i formulated it false xD i wanted to say if a car makes much noise xDD

but i already anwsered the question myself and for all the others - no a car doesnt make really loud noises :D

16 minutes ago, Tails said:

Hot wiring a car should at least  have a chance for the car alarm to go off if that becomes a feature.

yeah its an good idea i know i will hate myself for that statement later xD but its an nice idea

On 1/19/2019 at 12:34 AM, Syrax said:

Oh sorry i formulated it false xD i wanted to say if a car makes much noise xDD

but i already anwsered the question myself and for all the others - no a car doesnt make really loud noises :D

Some of them do.

17 hours ago, Syrax said:

really?

Do you have an exaple?

Vans ( and heavy duty vehicles in general ) make buttload of noise that attract zeds from far away. Thus it's recommended to leave them on the edges of town and instead use more silent standart cars for town looting.

About alarm suggestion - well, they can already spawn alarmed. And connecting two wires that YOU KNOW will start up the car as per mechanics skill - is stupid. The only way this can be implemented without much effort is random chance - and no one wants a horde on their ass due to random. If they however make it some form of minigame that gets progressively easier, but still doable at mechanic 2 or lower - i'd dig that.

1 hour ago, SDFR said:

Vans ( and heavy duty vehicles in general ) make buttload of noise that attract zeds from far away. Thus it's recommended to leave them on the edges of town and instead use more silent standart cars for town looting.

About alarm suggestion - well, they can already spawn alarmed. And connecting two wires that YOU KNOW will start up the car as per mechanics skill - is stupid. The only way this can be implemented without much effort is random chance - and no one wants a horde on their ass due to random. If they however make it some form of minigame that gets progressively easier, but still doable at mechanic 2 or lower - i'd dig that.

1 hour ago, Enoahe said:

Yep. Any car without muffler, for example :)

okay I thank you but there another question :D Iam skilling the mechanic lvl only really slow even though i rode an bock fpr lvl 1 + 2 can you give me a hint how it is going easier (faster)

5 hours ago, Syrax said:

can you give me a hint how it is going easier

There aren't really exist too too easy and cheap way to level up mech. But, oh well, you can get yourself a screwdriver, a jack, a lug wrench and go for a walk somewhere nearby, lets say, the Mall.

Then go swap tires on cars, swap seats, remove everything that removes and swap tires, brakes, suspensions, seats. You cannot just remove and install same part on the same spot but you can remove, lets say, front left tire and install in instead front right tire. Front right tire install instead read left tire. And so on.

1 hour ago, Enoahe said:

There aren't really exist too too easy and cheap way to level up mech. But, oh well, you can get yourself a screwdriver, a jack, a lug wrench and go for a walk somewhere nearby, lets say, the Mall.

Then go swap tires on cars, swap seats, remove everything that removes and swap tires, brakes, suspensions, seats. You cannot just remove and install same part on the same spot but you can remove, lets say, front left tire and install in instead front right tire. Front right tire install instead read left tire. And so on.

ok thx

Archived