Normal Termination Error on Co-op server

Teddy2Grams

Question

It seems like every time a small patch or update happens I cant relaunch my co-op server. I get a Normal termination error in the Project Zomboid kernel and a terminated error from inside the client itself. This happens before it starts trying to load the map. Its hard to keep playing when all my progress gets lost, this has happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks. I have seen where people change their allocated space to the server and it fixes it but that does not work for me :(

Any idea on how to fix this? or at least recover my save file to start another server? 

my friend and I really love this game, we think its one of the best in its genre, but we are losing interest because none of our progress is paying off.  

2 answers to this question

Are you using any mods? The normal termination is most common when using mods I noticed. Starting a dedicated server seems to fix this issue though.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514493377

This guide can walk you through if you want to try that.
The server map files are in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\Multiplayer
There will be two folders, servertest and servertest_player. The latter one being your character files and the former one the server map. You can back up those if you dont want to lose progress while testing out settings and what not.

Archived