PZ is lagging in Singleplayer

Syrax

Question

Hello everyone!

Id loved to play PZ earlier until my PC crashed now i fixed it and i tried to play PZ but it was very laggy i tried to fix it trough the settings but it changed not much what could i do?

PS: other games like Overwatch, CSGO, Raft, ... performing smooth

PLEASE HELP !

10 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Have you tried Verifying Game Files? Can be found in Steam > Zomboid > RMC > Properties > Local Files 

No i haven't tried it yet i will try it in the evening and answer you again thank you in advance

11 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Have you tried Verifying Game Files? Can be found in Steam > Zomboid > RMC > Properties > Local Files 

Ok Hello again :D

ive checked it and now its smoother but wenn i zoom out its lagging really hard constantly and wenn i tab out of the game i cant get back into it its black screen but i still hear the gamesounds and i must close it without saving - all my recently played content is deleted :( 

10 hours ago, Syrax said:

Ok Hello again :D

ive checked it and now its smoother but wenn i zoom out its lagging really hard constantly and wenn i tab out of the game i cant get back into it its black screen but i still hear the gamesounds and i must close it without saving - all my recently played content is deleted :(

Alt tabbing can be problematic mainly if you have a different resolution from your monitor. You can try changing the settings to set it to the same resolution, enable windowed mode, enable borderless mode and see if any of this helps.

You can also try disabling the Steam Overlay.

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

As for the lag, when zoomed out more it can lag more since more of the game is being rendered. If you have a weaker computer this may be the case. You can disable the zoom levels in the options. (200%, 150% and so on)

41 minutes ago, Beard said:

Alt tabbing can be problematic mainly if you have a different resolution from your monitor. You can try changing the settings to set it to the same resolution, enable windowed mode, enable borderless mode and see if any of this helps.

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.

As for the lag, when zoomed out more it can lag more since more of the game is being rendered. If you have a weaker computer this may be the case. You can disable the zoom levels in the options. (200%, 150% and so on)

Okay. Thank you both for your help!! (clyde)

10 hours ago, Beard said:

Ok i tried it now when i play in window mode i can tab out without closing the game but my game is lagging as hell

11 hours ago, nickodemos said:

I have found that the new shadow system was causing a huge stuttering issue for me. I still have some but I turned shadows all the way down and things are better.

Ok thank you i will also try it later 

Archived