Having Kids
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Ok, I know, I know, I know. The TIS Devs have already made it clear that there are going to be no child zombies in Project Zomboid. And the case is closed. If that's the way it is - that's the way it will be, but I must at least post my suggestion.

When NPCs are finally released (whenever that may be) it will be entirely unrealistic to assume that survivors are not going to attempt to save the species by creating a next generation. If the issue for no children is because the Devs don't want to deal with their deaths, that is one thing against which I have no counter argument. However, if, as I have read, there is a lack of desire to have zombie children, the answer is easy:

The disease that causes zombification only affects those who have already been through puberty. While this might suggest thirteen or fourteen year-old zombies (technically children), they will appear no different than other young adults of 18 or 19, once their bodies have cooled and the signs of a gruesome death are showing.

There, I'm sure it will be shot down, but I've made my argument and my conscious is clear once more.

2 hours ago, Erkinwine said:

Ok, I know, I know, I know. The TIS Devs have already made it clear that there are going to be no child zombies in Project Zomboid. And the case is closed. If that's the way it is - that's the way it will be, but I must at least post my suggestion.

When NPCs are finally released (whenever that may be) it will be entirely unrealistic to assume that survivors are not going to attempt to save the species by creating a next generation. If the issue for no children is because the Devs don't want to deal with their deaths, that is one thing against which I have no counter argument. However, if, as I have read, there is a lack of desire to have zombie children, the answer is easy:

The disease that causes zombification only affects those who have already been through puberty. While this might suggest thirteen or fourteen year-old zombies (technically children), they will appear no different than other young adults of 18 or 19, once their bodies have cooled and the signs of a gruesome death are showing.

There, I'm sure it will be shot down, but I've made my argument and my conscious is clear once more.

Yeah, I know it's a good idea, but devs don't wanna do and people will fanboy and fight and shit. But, yeah, good mod idea.

Unfortunately the kids idea is a no go from a ratings perspective, but as far as immersion goes it's the small things that help.  On Fallout 4 I remember installing a child raider mod and thinking nothing of it until I encountered one. 

From a story perspective it was an internal battle as you're searching for your lost child whilst equally blowing away kids of equal age to get to him in the first place. If it's a mod then I'll consider it I suppose.

Good idea but I can only start to imagine what kind of unacceptable trolling this kind of feature would bring to the game... Also, the time scope of one life in PZ is probably too short to really contemplate the next generation, after a 2 minutes research, I could not find a player surviving for more than a few months or a year. Apparently, you more or less "beat the game" after a few months, which seems fair. Maybe it will change in the final game though.

I think it's a great idea because of the emotional value it would bring to the game, having to take care of a vulnerable AI (a bit like in ICO) would make surviving more relevant and varied. Especially is the AI is limited in some ways compared to the player, for instance you would have to carry a kid over a fence, or through a window, the kid would get tired faster when walking, you could carry him but you'd get tired faster. The kid could get sick, get scared or go crazy more easily, maybe he could be careless too and leave a window open, a door unlocked or start a fire!

At this point it's more a "Home Alone" simulation than anything, but you get the idea.

Ayrton,

You got the idea. With NPCs, there will be a community, so some aspects will be easier, allowing players to live longer. Other aspects more difficult. It will be necessary to keep the entire community fed, for example. But communities allow for specialization and thus more chances for longer survival. Even in communities, survivors will slowly be eliminated, forcing those who remain to take on greater roles. Having to take care of an infant or toddler would certainly add an aspect of difficulty to the game and, I think, a fun tag. Survivors may not live long enough to create their own offspring, but what if the player came across a young mother with a 4 or 5-year-old. They both need to be taken care of, because the mother cannot be expected to go out hunting for food and supplies on her own or with the child.

I agree there should be children. Fuck the ratings :D

but it will probably be modded, with the tools from the animation update, some modders will probably add a children mod :P

after all, No more room in hell had zombie children, pretty hilarious^^

I have 2 children (3yrs and 3mos). Having my 2 children with me in a zombie apocalypse would be just about the worst thing ever! At their age they are almost totally useless and will likely just get themselves and myself into trouble.

With that being said; it would certainly add a new dynamic and challenge to the game.

The Last of Us pulled off having to protect a child during an apocalyptic scenario.

Maybe when now we have kids in "this war of mine" so this tabu has some scratches on surface and the whole kids idea will be rethink? Living the dream you know ;)

Edited by pzfreak
Chubby fingers

3 3