Dual Core Performance - Submit Information Here!

lemmy101

Question

Can those with 2 cores please let us know your FPS (not using the in-game one as we don't know if this is accurate) along with your CPU clock speed (ghz) and graphics card and whatnot?

We'll do our best to support single core but it's getting tough these days. Dual core though is a good 47.6% of Steam hardware survey participants (single core = 3.8%) so we need to make sure the game works well for them.

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06ghz (2 core)
4gb ram
GeForce 9600 gt 512mb

Multithread: on
Shaders: no
Lights: low
FPS-lock: 30

Resolution: 1024x768
FRAPS
Indoors at night walking (no lightning effects) fps around 15~22
Indoors doing nothing at night 22-23
Outdoor at day light walking: 15~21
Outdoor fighting a zombie at day light : 15~21
Outdoor fighting 3+ zombies at day light: 10~18
Running at day light near zombies 10~15

@Edit
I ran the game in compability mode.
With steam community disabled the game runs with a greater fps, but no playable though

I have a question, Why in the earlier versions of the game, it is fully playable with the same specs? ( i am saying of 2.9.9.17 and something.)
Sorry for my english.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz

6GB RAM

HD 6670 1GB DDR5

Windows 7 64bit

After last patch - beta 17 (0008) the game is not playable at all. My FPS rate is between 9-15 (with gamebooster on). It also stutters as crazy makes no sense in playing. 

It's the first time that I have problems with this game with low fps rate. Also I wasn't able even once to play this game in 64bit mode... Doesn't work at all for me (on desura and steam).

This is exactly what happen to me...before that update the game ran at like 60fps but now it gets a constant 10 :l

6GB RAM

HD 6670 1GB DDR5

Windows 7 64bit

After last patch - beta 17 (0008) the game is not playable at all. My FPS rate is between 9-15 (with gamebooster on). It also stutters as crazy makes no sense in playing. 

It's the first time that I have problems with this game with low fps rate. Also I wasn't able even once to play this game in 64bit mode... Doesn't work at all for me (on desura and steam).

This is exactly what happen to me...before that update the game ran at like 60fps but now it gets a constant 10 :l

Same for me.

8GB RAM

Windows 7 64bit

I play compatibility mode. I frequently hang on Loading Textures in the regular mode when starting. If I get past that I frequently get the black screen but the UI is visible.

I was just playing and watching task manager performance.  It seems my FPS problems may be CPU based. This game runs 100% CPU Usage most of the time. It does drop into the 95-99% range occasionally.

Well, i ll post here 'cause but it's a quad

Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4GHz 

4GB RAM

Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64 bits

The game starts, but It doesn't keep the "multi-core" options set on restart ("requires restart"). I have tried to edit manually the options.ini to set bMultithreadedRendering=true but it cames back to false.

Hello, the game is running a bit laggy here (8 ~ 28) FPS

Pc Specs:

W7 - 64 bits

AMD Fusion A6 5400k (x2 @4.0 ghz)

8GB ddr3 1600

GPU: using APU (Radeon 7540) + Radeon 6570

on task manager my cpu usage is always near 95~100% (both cores)

Game options: 30 fps locked

lowest resolution possible (windowed 1024 x 768)

shaders: no

lighting quality: low

Using the last steam version.

any help? cya!

i have an "old" macbook pro,

an intel core 2 duo @ 2,4 GHz ,

4gb ram,  and an advanced over-the-top high-end NVIDIA GeForce 320M  with 256 mb (lol)

the framerate is about 18-25 fps.

i would like to update my informations: for some reason, in the same areas as before, my framerate dropped to unplayable levels, sometime it stays below 8 fps :|

My specs 

Processor Intel® Core2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 2.1 GHz Number of Cores 2 Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chipset GeForce 8500 GT Dedicated Memory 256 MB Total Memory 1011.2 MB Memory 2.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit Service Pack 2 Size 32 Bit Edition

FPS Lock: 30

Resolution: 800x600

Fullscreen: True

FPS: 30 standing indoors. That's all I can get to on FPS, as my game crashes if I start walking.