Dual Core Performance - Submit Information Here!

lemmy101

Question

Can those with 2 cores please let us know your FPS (not using the in-game one as we don't know if this is accurate) along with your CPU clock speed (ghz) and graphics card and whatnot?

We'll do our best to support single core but it's getting tough these days. Dual core though is a good 47.6% of Steam hardware survey participants (single core = 3.8%) so we need to make sure the game works well for them.

Is this with multithreaded rendering on or off? Have you tried both?

Also tried pressing G to go to low graphics mode, see if that helps at all? This will help paint a picture of where the time is spent on your pc.

I need to test the multithreaded rendering deeply to know if it changes something.

But i did test the low graphics mode, it seems that the FPS went to 25 to 30, but quickly dips around 19 to 15 to 12.

So everytime i move the game was from 22 FPS to 15 FPS, making the game seemed like it was lag or something like that

I need to test this more

Intel Core i3 CPU 2.30 GHz

Geforce GT 525M 1GB DDR3

FPS : 

Overall the game keeps about 25-35 FPS range with frequent FPS drops.

Standing indoors : 32-35

Standing outside : 25-30

Running with Shift : 19-23

Fighting 2 zombies : 25-30

Frequent FPS drops (Every 3-5 seconds) : 2-4 FPS.

SETTINGS : Multi-thread - Yes; Video-Memory - High; Shaders - Yes

I'm playing on a notebook, here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2430M (2 cores, 4 threads, it can go from 2,4GHz to 3,0GHz)
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 555m (1GB dedicated memory)
RAM: 4GB(1333MHz)

I'm playing on 64 bits and I used FRAPS to see the FPS.

Shader is off in all the tests. My Nvidia drivers are up to date and everything.

Video Memory: High/Insane/Low(the result was basically the same and yes, I closed/opened the game after I changed it every time)
Multicore = Yes
15~40(laggy)
When I press G, the fps goes to 25~50, but it steels feels kinda laggy.

Without the multi-core, the game performed worse:

Video Memory: Low
Multicore = No
10~25
When I press G, the fps goes to 20~40

Video Memory: High
Multicore = No
10~40
When I press G, the fps goes to 20~40

Video Memory: Insane
Multicore = No
10~20
When I press G, the FPS goes to 10~40

The FPS varies a lot in all the cases, depending if I'm still, running, etc. Usually, the max fps on all the cases only happens when I'm standing still. The fps drop is huge for me also. 

Well, that's it. Hope it helped, somehow. 

Windows 7 64 bit

Processor

AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor

Manufacturer AMD

Speed 2.4 GHz

Number of Cores 2

Video Card

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

Manufacturer ATI

Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

Dedicated Memory 256 MB

Total Memory 1.9 GB

RAM

Memory 3.8 GB

Okay so my in game fps with multicore enabled is 15 when standing still, 6-10 when moving.

No change really with a zombie in sight.

I'm getting the info from FRAPS.

Multi-core disabled leads to no real difference.

i3 2100@3.1Ghz - Dual Core/Multithreadsx4

8GB Ram

HD 6850 1GB DDR5

I put this little thing together last year when my old pc blew and tbh honest its the best cpu ive ever used, it tears apart that terrible bulldozer amd fail that was released at the same time & walks over a lot of older quad phenoms as well..

Gonna stick in a new i5 this xmas but a lot of people are still using dual core due to the fact quad still isnt a must..

Hell a £40 old dual intel cpu could run Skyrim on the PC at max with a decent enough gpu.. proper budget build..

Edit: Oh an i completely forgot me using a dual core is probs why the new Steam build runs so shabbily for me right?

Forgive my rambling..lol

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz

6GB RAM

HD 6670 1GB DDR5

Windows 7 64bit

After last patch - beta 17 (0008) the game is not playable at all. My FPS rate is between 9-15 (with gamebooster on). It also stutters as crazy makes no sense in playing. 

It's the first time that I have problems with this game with low fps rate. Also I wasn't able even once to play this game in 64bit mode... Doesn't work at all for me (on desura and steam).

GameBooster completely kills the game's FPS from all accounts. Turn it off, this is likely what's causing your issues.

ok, you're right. gamebooster, which is very helpfull with other games, kills fps in PZ. But, there is always 'but', game still is very laggy. In game fps counter shows me 50+ (great!) but game still stutters alot - specially while running outdoors.

GameBooster completely kills the game's FPS from all accounts. Turn it off, this is likely what's causing your issues.

ok, you're right. gamebooster, which is very helpfull with other games, kills fps in PZ. But, there is always 'but', game still is very laggy. In game fps counter shows me 50+ (great!) but game still stutters alot - specially while running outdoors.

The in-game FPS lies.

Dell Inspiron 1521 64 Bit Laptop

Windows 7 (6.1) 32 Bit Ultimate Edition

1GB ram

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53

ATI Radeon x1270 -320mb reserved

Core Speed 1700

Downloading Fraps now but I must say when running with multi-core enabled it seems like it has better FPS but a bigger stutter in response to in game actions and frame skipping.

When I turn it off it's smoother but slower - its like playing the game with no frameskips but instead slow motion (which is actually more enjoyable) either way keep it up. 

Would I benefit from using a 64 bit operating system (WinXp 64bit less RAM intensive? or Linux Ubuntu 64 bit?) I get the crappy computer part so please refrain from saying ........ upgrade this... 

But any input on whether a 64 bit OS would benefit my situation would be great. Desura build runs like a champ btw again lol

Updated -

My Options.ini (thanks again for changing it from a .Bin file)

version=6
width=1024
height=705
fullScreen=false
frameRate=30 (Is it possible to make a custom setting for this like 15 or 40 fps? tried bounced to 60)
lighting=3 (Didn't realize 3 is lowest? why isn't 1 available?)
bUseShaders=false
vidMem=3 (Also noticed this option set to 3 and not in the in game options menu?)
bMultithreadedRendering=false 
language=EN

With those settings above I used fraps and got :

15 FPS - Standing still

Doing anything else pretty much down to 7-8 FPS

7 FPS - Fight Zombie

6 FPS - Run through town getting chased by 10+ zombies

8-9 FPS in some fields with nothing around

11-15 FPS constant if I stretch the window borders to make the screen 4x4 inches big lol

Might I add that none of which was smooth FPS like the desura Build but again would much prefer slow motion gameplay , than stuttering multi core setting. gameplay (faster but choppier)

processor = DualCore Intel Pentium E6500, 2933 MHz
ram = 4gb
video card = Zotac GeForce 9600 GT (512 Mb, GDDR3 256 bit)
drivers= all latest
os & programs = windows 7 x64, java 64-bit, project zomboid 64-bit

full screen = yes, multi-core = yes, shaders = no, resolution = 1280x1024, lock framerate = 30, lightning quality = low
standart zoom, pick athletic trait to run faster
i run around hotel about 10 times. it was 23-24 fps when i didn't saw second floor of hotel and 17-19 fps when i saw it. while standing near hotel trend remains the same: 22-24 fps while i don't see second floor and 17-19 when see it.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz

6GB RAM

HD 6670 1GB DDR5

Windows 7 64bit

After last patch - beta 17 (0008) the game is not playable at all. My FPS rate is between 9-15 (with gamebooster on). It also stutters as crazy makes no sense in playing. 

It's the first time that I have problems with this game with low fps rate. Also I wasn't able even once to play this game in 64bit mode... Doesn't work at all for me (on desura and steam).

now, the new update brings me black screen and no chance to play at all :(

The black screen happens to me too. When I play in compatibility mode the game works more or less ok, but I cant use the zoom option then.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
        CPU
            Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40GHz
            Conroe 65nm Tecnología
        RAM
            4,00GB único-Canal DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-4-4-14)
        Placa base
            Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-73VM-S2 (Socket 775)
        Gráfica
            M237WD (1920x1080@60Hz)
            1024MBNVIDIA GeForce GT 220 (Gigabyte)
        Discos duros
            233GB Seagate ST3250410AS ATA Device (SATA)
            298GB SAMSUNG HD322HJ ATA Device (SATA)

Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @2.40GHz

NVidia GForce G100

4GB Ram

With the Official steam launch my FPS ranges 1-22, all settings low, smallest resolution ect. Java’s and drivers updated ect.

If it doesn’t crash it stutters like mad, coming almost to a stop and zombies appear to warp in combat at times.

To be honest the move to steam has not been a fun ride after the first test version on it. Ever after it has been completely unplayable for me due to the extreme stutters. Compatibilities switching java version nothing makes a difference.

Was great before, I hope for optimization soon because I so loved this game.

Edit: Forgot to add before Steam, I was doing some vids. and FPS ranged between 15-40 back then.

Installed the demo in my old PC, just to test it.

OLSRCrP.png

The "GPU" is Intel G31, Intel Celeron 440 (Single core) @2,6GHz, 500gb HD, GA-G31M-ES2C (Motherboard) and 2GB DDR2 RAM

My FPS ranges from 10 to 26 fps

Also from FRAPS log

2013-11-15 00:01:50 - ProjectZomb
Frames: 1254 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 24.900 - Min: 5 - Max: 62

Turns out that the "demo" that I downloaded wasn't a real demo (I googled Project Zomboid and downloaded it from the first link - yes, I got rid of it).

Here is a screenshot using the same PC that I've used for the 1st screenshot, now using the steam demo release

Jl1rJfD.png

w/ Steam Community Disabled: Lowest FPS: 14 - Highest: 30 (Locked FPS) - Avg: 22.3600
w/ Steam Community Enabled: Lowest FPS: 8 - Highest: 25 - Avg: 17.3000

Windows 7 64bit

Pentium Dual-Core T4500 @ 2.30GHz

ATI HD 4300

3GB Ram

I have to use compatibility so as not to get the black screen. Funny thing is I have to use Gamebooster to get a smooth playing experience. Without it I get between 15-30 fps, but game play can be choppy with sometimes a couple of seconds of hang before continuing. When I use Gamebooster I get between 10-20 fps, but the gameplay is smooth with no juddering what so ever.