40.43 (Steam) Server admin panel don't read player stats properly

Shamanu

Private server running on my own PC. No server-side mods.

When I've tried to help one of the players to get rid of one trait with admin menu, player got all the stats zeroed. All the progress, all the traits, all multipliers... Everything.

But when I've manually set his parameters back to how is was (or should be as I think), admin menu remembered those stats. Yet those stats not changes with time (and I'm pretty sure the player already got couple of levels in building).

Any ideas how server admin can force to read those stats? Or is it impossible at the moment?

10 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Private server running on my own PC. No server-side mods.

When I've tried to help one of the players to get rid of one trait with admin menu, player got all the stats zeroed. All the progress, all the traits, all multipliers... Everything.

But when I've manually set his parameters back to how is was (or should be as I think), admin menu remembered those stats. Yet those stats not changes with time (and I'm pretty sure the player already got couple of levels in building).

Any ideas how server admin can force to read those stats? Or is it impossible at the moment?

The panel should update once you've closed and re-opened it(?)

On 1/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, Pandorea said:

The panel should update once you've closed and re-opened it(?)

Nope. It does not. I've tried multiple times.

First it shown me all zero, AND (!!!!) when I've just added one trait to the player, his params were instantly zeroed. but trait added. Then I've removed an added trait and "restored" previous values he had... Well, at least that what we could recall.

After this all the params started to appear the way I've set them up. No matter how many times I've opened this panel again. And, like I said before, I'm pretty sure the player got at least a couple of levels, yet from my side it was all as I set it up and no exp. player received...

So, my conclusion: admin panel DOES NOT updates to current values of the affected player.

48 minutes ago, Shamanu said:

Nope. It does not. I've tried multiple times.

First it shown me all zero, AND (!!!!) when I've just added one trait to the player, his params were instantly zeroed. but trait added. Then I've removed an added trait and "restored" previous values he had... Well, at least that what we could recall.

After this all the params started to appear the way I've set them up. No matter how many times I've opened this panel again. And, like I said before, I'm pretty sure the player got at least a couple of levels, yet from my side it was all as I set it up and no exp. player received...

So, my conclusion: admin panel DOES NOT updates to current values of the affected player.

The panel works for me just fine. Can I ask what you mean by no server-side mods? Are there any client-side mods?

3 hours ago, Beard said:

The panel works for me just fine. Can I ask what you mean by no server-side mods? Are there any client-side mods?

Well, I have Hydrocraft installed. But it don't work since it's only SP. You think it can affect server-side?

12 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Well, I have Hydrocraft installed. But it don't work since it's only SP. You think it can affect server-side?

It shouldn't, if you have it only enabled in the mods tab the mod wont load in multiplayer. I was just asking if you force loaded any mods (admins can do that)
Are you hosting using the dedicated server files or using the Host function from the main menu?

On 1/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, Beard said:

It shouldn't, if you have it only enabled in the mods tab the mod wont load in multiplayer. I was just asking if you force loaded any mods (admins can do that)
Are you hosting using the dedicated server files or using the Host function from the main menu?

Didn't knew admin can force a mod to load.

And I uses a "Server" option from game menu.

• 1 month later...

FWIW this also happened to me recently. The server had tons of crafting (including Hydrocraft) and vehicle related mods enabled, but I believe nothing that modified traits or player stats. I will report back if I can reproduce the bug on a mod-less server.