40.43 (Steam) Server admin panel don't read player stats properly
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Private server running on my own PC. No server-side mods.

 

When I've tried to help one of the players to get rid of one trait with admin menu, player got all the stats zeroed. All the progress, all the traits, all multipliers... Everything.

But when I've manually set his parameters back to how is was (or should be as I think), admin menu remembered those stats. Yet those stats not changes with time (and I'm pretty sure the player already got couple of levels in building).

 

Any ideas how server admin can force to read those stats? Or is it impossible at the moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Private server running on my own PC. No server-side mods.

 

When I've tried to help one of the players to get rid of one trait with admin menu, player got all the stats zeroed. All the progress, all the traits, all multipliers... Everything.

But when I've manually set his parameters back to how is was (or should be as I think), admin menu remembered those stats. Yet those stats not changes with time (and I'm pretty sure the player already got couple of levels in building).

 

Any ideas how server admin can force to read those stats? Or is it impossible at the moment?

 

The panel should update once you've closed and re-opened it(?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, Pandorea said:

 

The panel should update once you've closed and re-opened it(?)

Nope. It does not. I've tried multiple times.

First it shown me all zero, AND (!!!!) when I've just added one trait to the player, his params were instantly zeroed. but trait added. Then I've removed an added trait and "restored" previous values he had... Well, at least that what we could recall.

After this all the params started to appear the way I've set them up. No matter how many times I've opened this panel again. And, like I said before, I'm pretty sure the player got at least a couple of levels, yet from my side it was all as I set it up and no exp. player received...

So, my conclusion: admin panel DOES NOT updates to current values of the affected player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Shamanu said:

Nope. It does not. I've tried multiple times.

First it shown me all zero, AND (!!!!) when I've just added one trait to the player, his params were instantly zeroed. but trait added. Then I've removed an added trait and "restored" previous values he had... Well, at least that what we could recall.

After this all the params started to appear the way I've set them up. No matter how many times I've opened this panel again. And, like I said before, I'm pretty sure the player got at least a couple of levels, yet from my side it was all as I set it up and no exp. player received...

So, my conclusion: admin panel DOES NOT updates to current values of the affected player.


The panel works for me just fine. Can I ask what you mean by no server-side mods? Are there any client-side mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beard said:


The panel works for me just fine. Can I ask what you mean by no server-side mods? Are there any client-side mods?

Well, I have Hydrocraft installed. But it don't work since it's only SP. You think it can affect server-side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Well, I have Hydrocraft installed. But it don't work since it's only SP. You think it can affect server-side?


It shouldn't, if you have it only enabled in the mods tab the mod wont load in multiplayer. I was just asking if you force loaded any mods (admins can do that)
Are you hosting using the dedicated server files or using the Host function from the main menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, Beard said:


It shouldn't, if you have it only enabled in the mods tab the mod wont load in multiplayer. I was just asking if you force loaded any mods (admins can do that)
Are you hosting using the dedicated server files or using the Host function from the main menu?

Didn't knew admin can force a mod to load.

And I uses a "Server" option from game menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1