Steam Beta Release - 04th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0010)

lemmy101

Really huge improvements to the gameplay, good job.

It's just that I also suffer from extreme fps drop since the West point updates, I tried to lower the resolution in window mode and disabled shaders but the only way to get from 10-15 fps to around 20 is to zoom in completely.

I reinstalled java and checked my drivers but that didn't help.

Really huge improvements to the gameplay, good job.

It's just that I also suffer from extreme fps drop since the West point updates, I tried to lower the resolution in window mode and disabled shaders but the only way to get from 10-15 fps to around 20 is to zoom in completely.

I reinstalled java and checked my drivers but that didn't help.

Try deleting all local content (also /Users/Zomboid) and doing a complete reinstall of PZ.

Try deleting all local content (also /Users/Zomboid) and doing a complete reinstall of PZ.

Hello RoboMat,

thanks for your help, actually it did improve a little bit, but its still a little slow, guess I will wait for the 3d engine update before playing fulltime again.

Since when do we have a sprite for Golfclubes ? Awesome !!!  :D is there one for crowbar already too ?

Not yet, but we have nailed baseball bat, plank, nailed plank.. :)

And we fixed some animation bug, but other stuff are coming :)

personally im loving the plentiful supply of poolcues i found at twiggys bar, Now how the hell do i get into that gun store???

Ok issues i have had on this version.

1st off Again great job with this new version it runs so smooth and the FPS jumped huge for me. And whats wrong are just little items.

1. My secondary bag unequipped on load every single time.

2. For the 1st time sheet ropes do not work for me i just climb out the window and do not climb down. So all i can do is climb back in the window of fall down 1 floor. on 2nd story player made windows if you have any other walls or fences built by the window the sheet will attach to the wall or fence. when climbing up a sheet rope attached to a wall or fence you will climb up it untell the game crashes( then when you load you fall to your death).. A way to remove a sheet rope would be a great idea to add..

3. Skill book multiplier dose not last the whole level more like 80% of the level. This is huge amounts of xp you have to earn 3 at a time in the later levels.

I will add anything else i find later.

Got a crash only a few minutes in

java.nio.BufferOverflowException

at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
at com.evildevil.engines.bubble.texture.DDSLoader.readFileData(DDSLoader.java:203)
at com.evildevil.engines.bubble.texture.DDSLoader.loadDDSFile(DDSLoader.java:104)
at zombie.core.textures.ImageData.<init>(ImageData.java:321)
at zombie.core.textures.TextureID.<init>(TextureID.java:175)
at zombie.core.textures.Texture.<init>(Texture.java:147)
at zombie.core.textures.TexturePackPage.loadFromPackFileDDS(TexturePackPage.java:465)
at zombie.GameWindow.LoadTexturePackDDS(GameWindow.java:1450)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1057)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:943)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:112)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.clearCacheGridSquare(IsoCell.java:3747)
at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.ProcessChunkPos(IsoChunkMap.java:837)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:931)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:87)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:652)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1111)
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

That's not a crash, it's an error but the game still boot and work :)

This was what was spat out into my err64.txt file when my game crashed. I stayed in the game until it closed, and right at the end the game music starting playing again, and then terminated itself. Like I mentioned previously, last time I played and it crashed, I noticed the CPU usage go up to 94%, then dropped to 28% and crashed.

Obviously there's something wrong. If you have any other ideas of what I can do to help you guys, please let me know, since the above tidbit isn't what you're looking for.

Hello RoboMat,

thanks for your help, actually it did improve a little bit, but its still a little slow, guess I will wait for the 3d engine update before playing fulltime again.

Might be stating the obvious, but have you also tried dropping the lighting quality in the options? Improved things massively for me. If you haven't tried it, give it a go!

To The developers,

It's not a major issue i know, but i'm a player of pz and i just downloaded the steam realease (i'm through my first play of this version  now, but i think it's only getting better and i hope it keep like this!) and since i'm from brasil my game started in portuguese, and i noticed you guys may be having some trouble with the translation since some words are typed wrong, maybe bacause they have accents like ã,á,à,ê,é,ó,õ,ú,ç in some usefull words, although i couldn't help even if i wanted to, with the programming stuff because i don't know much about it, translation-wise i could help! If you are having difficulties with translating some words from english to poruguese you could send them to me within context and i would be happy to help! ...i'm not really a fan of translations though lol but it helps whoever needs it so i'll be glad if i've been usefull.

Thanks!

To The developers,

It's not a major issue i know, but i'm a player of pz and i just downloaded the steam realease (i'm through my first play of this version  now, but i think it's only getting better and i hope it keep like this!) and since i'm from brasil my game started in portuguese, and i noticed you guys may be having some trouble with the translation since some words are typed wrong, maybe bacause they have accents like ã,á,à,ê,é,ó,õ,ú,ç in some usefull words, although i couldn't help even if i wanted to, with the programming stuff because i don't know much about it, translation-wise i could help! If you are having difficulties with translating some words from english to poruguese you could send them to me within context and i would be happy to help! ...i'm not really a fan of translations though lol but it helps whoever needs it so i'll be glad if i've been usefull.

Thanks!

Feel free to pitch in here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/56-pz-community-translations/

To The developers,

Thanks!

Feel free to pitch in here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/56-pz-community-translations/

Wow thanks! didn't see that lol working on it already! thanks a lot!

today, the game won't start via steam anymore.

the cmd windows appears for 0.1sec and nothing more happens. starting the game via the exe works fine for me.

only "things" that changed are the start options via steam. yesterday i've seen many more options like 64bit, 32bit, safemode and so on, but today there are only two (play and 64bit). both are not working for me.

solved at #169 (post under this)

install 64bit java: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

from the sound of it you were on a 64bit system running the 32bit version of the game with only 32bit java installed. It now detects your system and runs that java to make launch options clearer and simpler.You may likely get a performance increase from this too. In next version on windows systems it'll have a bundled JVM meaning you no longer have to install java at all. 

install 64bit java: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

from the sound of it you were on a 64bit system running the 32bit version of the game with only 32bit java installed. It now detects your system and runs that java to make launch options clearer and simpler.You may likely get a performance increase from this too. In next version on windows systems it'll have a bundled JVM meaning you no longer have to install java at all. 

I am running Win7 64. I just reinstalled both versions of Java using the offline installer. Will edit this post with results.

Okay, ran the game as soon as I finished installing the offline packages (do I need to set up file pathing?)

I got a longer err64 document, with even more errors than the last, hopefully it's more of a help to you. The game ran in 64 bit mode using the command prompt.

at com.evildevil.engines.bubble.texture.DDSLoader.readFileData(DDSLoader.java:203)
at com.evildevil.engines.bubble.texture.DDSLoader.loadDDSFile(DDSLoader.java:104)
at zombie.core.textures.TexturePackPage.loadFromPackFileDDS(TexturePackPage.java:465)
at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.CheckSpriteSlots(SpriteRenderer.java:91)
at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.glStencilFunc(SpriteRenderer.java:653)
at zombie.IndieGL.glStencilFunc(IndieGL.java:110)
at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.DoWallLightingN(IsoGridSquare.java:599)
at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.renderMinusFloor(IsoGridSquare.java:4371)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles(IsoCell.java:787)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render(IsoCell.java:4347)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render(IsoWorld.java:1530)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframe(IngameState.java:617)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render(IngameState.java:706)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render(GameStateMachine.java:35)
at zombie.GameWindow.render(GameWindow.java:681)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1117)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at zombie.iso.IsoLot.<init>(IsoLot.java:182)
at zombie.iso.CellLoader.LoadCellBinaryChunk(CellLoader.java:395)
at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:181)
at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunk(WorldStreamer.java:124)
at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$2.run(WorldStreamer.java:77)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Tried again

at zombie.iso.IsoCell.clearCacheGridSquare(IsoCell.java:3747)
at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.ProcessChunkPos(IsoChunkMap.java:837)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:931)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:87)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:652)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1111)

Hi everyone,

For what it's worth, I'm on a 2007 MBP running Mavericks, 4gb ram, 256mb Nvidia 8600 and I can run this latest build at around 15-20fps going down to 10-12 when raining or running, at max res with everything up full. If I knock the res down to 1280 instead of 1440, I can get 30fps.

Cheers!