Steam Beta Release - 04th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0010)

lemmy101

In build 0008 game run only in compatibility mode and I can play with 3 - 5 FPS.  In normal mode it show black screen.

Now is better performance in compatibility mode but normal mode still won't run.

I've never had performance problems and running the game in normal mode.

Sorry if the text is unreadable, but I had no idea how to write it.

This is build 0010 try this one.

Hello everyone. I am from Russia and I want to ask you a question: Why can not I download my favorite ZOMBOID PROJECT IN THIS TOPIC. (I bought this game) :-|  :-|  :cry:

Because it is only released in Steam. You can convert your previous keys from Project Zomboid to Steam Keys. More information here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1382-steam-keys/

The Desura version will be updated with the next stable release ;)

I do not see any links to download the file in this thread. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

This was explained in the post directly above yours. You need to get your steam key through desura to get this build. We don't offer direct downloads any more since they cost us too much to maintain.

By writing

"Now is better ..."

I mean

"Now in 0009 is better ...".

do you have an error log when you try and run without compatiblity mode? can you try running the ProjectZomboid.bat file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid and posting any errors that occur?

have asked you if this is new.
than ok, thanks

Only the FPS problem left, but now im sure thats not a new feature xD

Thanks for the clarification ^^

FPS problem should be helped by locking your framerate to 30 in the menu, and setting the lighting as low as possible in the same menu. Let us know how you're doing after that.

Nothing is wrong here :D

1st bag = 11.

2nd bag = 14.

We now apply 60% weight reduction because your bags are equipped (you can see the weight reduction of bags via their tooltip) :

(11 + 14) - 60% = 10.

Now you have clothes equipped, which weight an average of 1.

You also have a baseball bat which weight 2, but it's equipped, so we apply some weight reduction, it give you ~1.

So, 10 + 1 + 1 = 12 :D

i think wearing clothes shouldn't be used for weight calculation

carry more stuff because you are naked ?  .. sounds (funny) strange :D

-------

but yeah baraka you should settle down or build your own house  ;)

Very strange. Did you try to reset your screen resolution while having PZ open? Or go to windowed mode and set the resolution from there? If that doesn't help I'd say you should try to delete all local content and reinstall PZ.

Nothing worked, I will reinstall the game and hope the problem will be solved.

Thanks Robo! :)

The 0009 version is working well for me. Was having FPS issues on the last couple of Steam builds, locking the frame rate to 30 and dropping lighting quality is making the game super smooth and playable (using 2.40 Ghz Quad Core, 4 GB of ram, HD7750, Vista 32 Bit). Fantastic success.

So much more than that though, this build feels so much more polished, intuitative and well presented. Even on lower lighting settings the visability, effects and line of sight just feels right in this build. Complete sense of fun and immersion as soon as you load up a new game.

To be honest, I'd stopped playing PZ for the past couple of months as I felt I was kind of at a bit of a dead end until improvements / optimization / West Point were worked on. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..." :D

Amazing work guys and gals. Much love from a fellow geordie.

The 0009 version is working well for me. Was having FPS issues on the last couple of Steam builds, locking the frame rate to 30 and dropping lighting quality is making the game super smooth and playable (using 2.40 Ghz Quad Core, 4 GB of ram, HD7750, Vista 32 Bit). Fantastic success.

So much more than that though, this build feels so much more polished, intuitative and well presented. Even on lower lighting settings the visability, effects and line of sight just feels right in this build. Complete sense of fun and immersion as soon as you load up a new game.

To be honest, I'd stopped playing PZ for the past couple of months as I felt I was kind of at a bit of a dead end until improvements / optimization / West Point were worked on. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..." :D

Geordie FTW !

Aye, this build really brings back the magic in PZ for me. It's one of the most stable, the most fun, and the most interesting. Love it!

Yeah, that's my feeling exactly. With the previous builds over the past few months, it was great to see how things were progressing, but it never quite felt like all the disparate parts just hadn't quite yet come together. It's all changed today, and better still, I've got the day off from work and only need to put a few hours in tomorrow. Now excuse me, I've got some surviving to do :D

Geordie FTW !

Cheers, RJ. It's just nice to be part of an online community when you can bring that up and not have people resort to drinking and womanising stereotypes - even if they're pretty accurate in my case ;)

Hi guys. As far as I can tell my game is running great now. Good job. But I have some

questions for you, that I hope someone "in the loop" can answer.

- What does balanced loot drop really mean? Does it apply to every game mode?

(In sandbox it's already an option - rare, abundant and so on...)

Do you need to start a new game for the update to be effective? I'm running a Sandbox

game and have played for 10 hours approx. I haven't visited the police station yet, but

when I do - will it have more guns (from this update) or have the loot in my game already

spawned? Hmm... yeah, I hope you understand the question.

Also, the update notes mention "Fire saving fixed". What does that mean?

/ Thanks for the update.  

have asked you if this is new.
than ok, thanks

Only the FPS problem left, but now im sure thats not a new feature xD

Thanks for the clarification ^^

FPS problem should be helped by locking your framerate to 30 in the menu, and setting the lighting as low as possible in the same menu. Let us know how you're doing after that.

Thanks, i know it helps, not perfect but playable :)

Lighting makes no difference.  High or low, same FPS.

But as i say, its ok and playable.

Awesome work !

Why the soundeffects change every Patch ? :D