Why is water poisoned?

Maris

It's not poisoned but generally it's not a 100% safe to drink from rivers or lakes even in real life, especially near cities, since sewage goes in there, trash, dead animals (or zombies :o ) and all kind of stuff can be in it that can make you sick if you drink it.

Rain is basically the same as it's water evaporating and coming back down as rain.

I don't think I ever tried but I assume you don't die if you drink unclean water in the game, it just probably has a chance to make you sick.

7 hours ago, crossed said:

It's not poisoned but generally it's not a 100% safe to drink from rivers or lakes even in real life, especially near cities, since sewage goes in there, trash, dead animals (or zombies :o ) and all kind of stuff can be in it that can make you sick if you drink it.

Rain is basically the same as it's water evaporating and coming back down as rain.

I don't think I ever tried but I assume you don't die if you drink unclean water in the game, it just probably has a chance to make you sick.

You're right about the first part, but IRL rain water is actually safe to drink (most of the time- I'm sure rain in heavily polluted areas is less so.) as long as it's collected relatively directly.

11 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Can you use drops of bleach to treat water for drinking in game? That would be nifty.

Might not be as healthy tho. Shit's mildly corrosive to your insides.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, Maris said:

I could understand if it was a virus everywhere. But it is not. This is some other poison. Why should there be poison in ordinary rainwater or in a river? What causes toxic rain?

That's just how it is. There's a reason for water purification tablets in MRIs and why it's ill-advised to drink water from anywhere besides your water bottle where you know the origin of said water.
Also if it's you who created unbreakable walls mod - you might want to tone down on the casuality of your playthrough. Mods are meant to make a richer experience, not a dumbed down one.

6 minutes ago, SDFR said:

Also if it's you who created unbreakable walls mod - you might want to tone down on the casuality of your playthrough. Mods are meant to make a richer experience, not a dumbed down one.

Unbreakable walls mod makes a richer experience, because metal walls were totally useless. And now it makes sense to make a good protected base. And it's not easy because walls 2 level require skill 8 level. We are playing on rates x0.5 exp and looted almost whole map but welder has only 7 level. So if you want a richer experience, tune options: more zombies etc.

Archived