May of just found a mod that adds an arcade mode.

leon2356

There is a mod on steam called "Coxishop". What it does is, when you kill zombies you earn points. And you can use those points to buy skills, Weapons, Ammo. Stuff like that, well, he also put up a guide on how to change what items/skills you can buy from the shop. so if you just add some stuff like nails, hammer, wood planks, water bottle, chips, welder, stuff like that. and turn item spawns off. (or as low as you can) and BOOM you got Project Zomboid "Arcade Mode" where the only way to Barricade, Eat, Drink, or Kill is by killing zombies and earning points.

I'm going to run some test and see if I can get this to work. And if i can I'll post it on this "Topic"

PS: He also said since you just put the items base id in, you can also add modded items to the list.

I use this all the time. It is probably considered breaking the game a bit but I like it. It helps a bit early on and maybe just a bit later on but to me there is no real way to abuse this. I tend to use it to upgrade my low end skills for the first 1-3 levels. After that levels are very expensive to purchase.

Thanks for praising my mod! It was basically my first "bigger" thing I've done and I personally don't use it very often. It teached my a lot about the way to sync MP stuff in PZ Lua though.

When you edit the item-file make sure to use an editor that handles proper line endings (like the suggested Notepad++).

11 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Thanks for praising my mod! It was basically my first "bigger" thing I've done and I personally don't use it very often. It teached my a lot about the way to sync MP stuff in PZ Lua though.

When you edit the item-file make sure to use an editor that handles proper line endings (like the suggested Notepad++).

Misclicked.

Archived