The kids are all alright!

Aricane

I don't have a problem with killing the kid if it is a zombie in a game, after all... it is a zombie in a game, but i guess some people might not feel the same so i suppose you could say something like the virus had a sister strain that was airborne that killed young children and those who are frail but left others okay for the most part besides temporary discomfort...just throwing ideas out there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False.

Save for an incredibly narrow margin of players like yourself, most people will shun the game for being violent regardless of children being included or not. The amount of increased sales statistically would be more valuable from free publicity compared to the relatively few number who would shun the game, most of which would shun it regardless.

You're only thinking sale wise, and might I add thats very narrow minded.

Wish I had half the amount of strength to argue with you like I did before dealing with many others before you but I'm gonna just drop it.

Fallout 1/2 devs come to mind who had the balls to have kids which could be killed on a player's whim in their games. Even then, some versions of F1/2 had them removed (european releases, IIRC).

In a more related and recent title, The Walking Dead from Telltale Games, you

point-blank shoot an infected kid, and later, a zombified one.

Arguably, you're just putting them out of their misery, but it still is a bold move for a modern game developer.

That said, I can see why PZ devs don't want kids in their game and I can respect that.

Personally I am glad kid zombies will never be in the game. The game gives the impression kids were in the town. Schools, lollipops, kids bedrooms etc. Its much more effective me noticing these things and my imagination filling in the blanks of the terror that befell these children than it would be for the devs to implement pint sized zombies.

Why is this still being talked about? Answer is no. Move on.

NO.

We shall still talk about this.

The answer still is no, though.

It's perfectly plausible that the virus is simply deadly to young people because of differences in physiology and immune systems. There are plenty of diseases in the world that outright kill children that adults can survive. Obviously it's not exactly the same thing but it's not so untenable that anyone should lose any sleep over it.

It's perfectly plausible that the virus is simply deadly to young people because of differences in physiology and immune systems. There are plenty of diseases in the world that outright kill children that adults can survive. Obviously it's not exactly the same thing but it's not so untenable that anyone should lose any sleep over it.

[denial]

They're in Hawaii.

[/denial]

Yeah,  I was thinking that too,  the disease was too rough for them or it came in multiple waves.   The first wave killed the children and then something changed.   It's fiction.  They can make up whatever they like.     It could even be recapped or explained via radio broadcasts in game.

Then that would lead to piles of bodies of dead children.

Or just a hole filled with infected bodies, or burnt bodies, whatever floats your goat.

Nothing is improved by the inclusion of children  :-) 

I'm not interested in a Carl Grimes joining the group, or the media backlash it would bring to the game. I imagine (unfortunately) the kids were the first ones to be munched (slower, weaker, more prone to panic) and as they're small, most of the bodies were gobbled up by the undead and carrion eating birds.

There are never many children in zombie media, unless you count "Children of the Living Dead".... which nobody ever should ("starring" Tom Savini, my arse)

If the game puts child zombies into it, the chances of getting onto Steam would be unlikely because Steam would not want a game like that. Also it would cause many issues and possibly get the game banned in several countries if the game gets noticed

This is completely untrue, steam has a multitude of controversial games including the Duke Nukem series and the Postal series.

Maybe not in the form of kids, but with real immersive relationships with NPC's (Romance, maybe even relatives etc.) the game could make this desired effect without any controversy. You could get awful moodlets, ones that could be permanent, that'd be the risk of taking your brother/father etc.