The kids are all alright!

Aricane

I noticed there is no kids in the game, but - there is an elementry school. There's no doubt that kids are behind the whole apocalypse. The question is, where the heck are they holding out? And why didn't they take all the chokolade and lollipops with them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are never going to be kids in Project Zomboid, and for that I am glad :D

Ohh couldn't you just imagine two bloody moaning twins inside the motel saying "Come play with us.... ...ANDWEEATBRAINS". I would piss my self.

SHHHHH I have them all in my basement, waiting for the cure so I can repopluate, WE we, we. :D

Didn't know Michael Jackson was still alive

There are never going to be kids in Project Zomboid, and for that I am glad :D

Probably for the same reason as there are no children in the GTA series and "immortal" children in Skyrim. But you know what, fuck it, PZ should do something controversial like that, then it will get lots of media attention and that's only free publicity. It's a good idea, right?

Probably for the same reason as there are no children in the GTA series and "immortal" children in Skyrim. But you know what, fuck it, PZ should do something controversial like that, then it will get lots of media attention and that's only free publicity. It's a good idea, right?

I'd stop playing this game if that happened. Wouldn't want to be a part of a community that thinks that sort of thing is okay.

Unlike popular belief not every publicity is good publicity.

PZ might gain additional attention but at the cost of being shunned by many, many people.

Don't know about you, but I personally, will not be able to play the game ,if, kids were implemented.

You can expect it in mods only

Unlike popular belief not every publicity is good publicity.

PZ might gain additional attention but at the cost of being shunned by many, many people.

Don't know about you, but I personally, will not be able to play the game ,if, kids were implemented.

You can expect it in mods only

I said "something like that", still I know what you mean.

And another thing, since PZ can't really be described as "graphic", that's gonna make a difference. Depicting controversial topics, such as torture (GTA: TLAD, cutscene where they press a guy's face againt a motorcycle wheel) or male full-frontal nudity (TLAD again, Tom Stubbs' tiny penis) in a game with high quality graphics like GTA gets more attention than if it was PZ.

Thats plain silly

Graphics has very little to do with things like this

Depicting violence against children in ANY form is obviously always considered bad. Also, bludegeoning kid zombies is not graphic enough for you, mate?

GTA gets more attention because of a variety of factors. Bigger fanbase, better publicity, etc.

If the game puts child zombies into it, the chances of getting onto Steam would be unlikely because Steam would not want a game like that. Also it would cause many issues and possibly get the game banned in several countries if the game gets noticed

Too bad there is "NO" elementary school in the real muldraugh, ky then my friend wouldn't have had an hour buss ride every day to get to school.

really ? decided to check it out. Found a building by googling "37.936779,-85.992653". Maybe your friend knows what it is?

There's a sign on the west side of the building, but it's too blurry

I've seen children in horror/crime movies on TV, doesn't seem like many people think it's a big deal. Of course these movies have an 18+ age rating, which is also ironic considering the child actors aren't allowed to watch it. But perhaps most people have a different attitude towards games?

And yes, obviously GTA has a bigger fanbase than this indie-zombie-game in its alpha stage, and therefore gets more attention. But I think people would generally react stronger and be more offended when it's such a realistic game. Compare it to a book, either if it's fiction or a news report, describing violent acts, nobody cares because it's just a book, right?

If the game puts child zombies into it, the chances of getting onto Steam would be unlikely because Steam would not want a game like that. Also it would cause many issues and possibly get the game banned in several countries if the game gets noticed

Doesn't Steam have an age rating system too?

I've seen children in horror/crime movies on TV, doesn't seem like many people think it's a big deal. Of course these movies have an 18+ age rating, which is also ironic considering the child actors aren't allowed to watch it. But perhaps most people have a different attitude towards games?

You're probably just being scandinavian. Your media traditions are so free and liberal it makes USA look like a dungeon :P

Edit: That sounded better in my head

You're probably just being scandinavian. Your media traditions are so free and liberal it makes USA look like a dungeon :P

Edit: That sounded better in my head

Yeah, you're right, Americans can get offended easily. Nice observation, but we only have a few crime movies in our own Norwegian language. Most of them are foreign, english-speaking movies. And not people with British accents, you know?

Ah, but there is quite a difference between video games and mass media my dear pwnguin ;)

You mean because you're actually controlling the actions and such?

Yeah, you're right, Americans can get offended easily. Nice observation, but we only have a few crime movies in our own Norwegian language. Most of them are foreign, english-speaking movies. And not people with British accents, you know?

So you got norwegian actors speaking english for making norwegian crime movies. That sounds really awesome.

I think I should confess I'm danish. Maybe I gave that away when I spelled "elementary" in OP wrong :P

I don't know if you agree or not, but I assume that if PEGI would rate Project Zomboid it might get 15+ or 16+. Well, I just looked it up and PEGI doesn't have a 15 years category, but whatever. And that's even if it depicts the same level of violence as GTA. I'd say it's only fair because PZ is not quite as disturbing for a child as GTA is. Of course PEGI isn't the ultimate guide for what's best for every child in the world, it's up to the family and it depends on mental maturity etc.

Magnum, has Steam blocked any games before?