Possible to ignore the player with admin power enabled?

Ronarch

Question

I have a PZ buddy group and I am always the host. But since I have been a father I don't have much time as my buddies have.

Sometimes I host the server and enable myself with the admin power to just let my friends play.

However,

1) time doesn't flow fast if I (the admin) don't sleep. And somtimes I am just afk so it's a problem. And even I spend a few second to try to make myself sleep, my character just cannot sleep that much. He is not tired enough because he already sleep all day.

2) time keeps going when everybody left beside me, even I turn on the "Time stops when server is empty" option.

Is it possible to make the server totally ignore me, when I turn my admin power on?

3 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Ronarch said:

I have a PZ buddy group and I am always the host. But since I have been a father I don't have much time as my buddies have.

Sometimes I host the server and enable myself with the admin power to just let my friends play.

However,

1) time doesn't flow fast if I (the admin) don't sleep. And somtimes I am just afk so it's a problem. And even I spend a few second to try to make myself sleep, my character just cannot sleep that much. He is not tired enough because he already sleep all day.

2) time keeps going when everybody left beside me, even I turn on the "Time stops when server is empty" option.

Is it possible to make the server totally ignore me, when I turn my admin power on?

I dont think ignoring it possible. You could try starting the server as a dedicated one.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514493377
This is a good guide to follow on how to do that. In this case only the server needs to be running and you dont need to be connected to it.

1 hour ago, Beard said:

I dont think ignoring it possible. You could try starting the server as a dedicated one.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514493377
This is a good guide to follow on how to do that. In this case only the server needs to be running and you dont need to be connected to it.

Yea actually I hosted game this way before the in-game host function was available.

But with this method I think it's much harder to run server with mods.

hmm... Maybe I will look into it again.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, Ronarch said:

Yea actually I hosted game this way before the in-game host function was available.

But with this method I think it's much harder to run server with mods.

hmm... Maybe I will look into it again.

Using mods with this method should be easy as well. Since both methods use the same settings file "servertest.ini"
You just need to add the mod name and workshop ID and the mods will work just fine.

Archived