Shorter Years

Horstreiner

It would be very nice to be able to make the years shorter, without shorter days.

IMO 1hour days are great to get things done but I also would like to see the world erode, the water and electricity stopping and most of all see the winter for the first time!

Now I play with a friend in coop and we would have to play for about 3 months, which would be like 90 hours of play time, to get to winter time ... this is just to much.

How does anyone manage to play a year at this rate? 365 hours on one character? Or am I simply missing something?

2 hours ago, Horstreiner said:

How does anyone manage to play a year at this rate? 365 hours on one character? Or am I simply missing something?

You can change your start date if you want to see winter easily. Sleep also erodes time quite quickly. I only play an hour  a day on my lunch break and im getting through the days fairly quickly.

the year length though was decided before the weather build. and the community asked for 365 days to keep it realistic.

Ok I am realizing that this is pretty much a Multiplayer issue. In SP you can sleep to skip night time plus speed up the time when reading or idling ... none of this is possible in MP :(

Was sleeping in coop ever discussed? Is there a burried option to allow sleeping, including time skip, when all players on the server agree to do so?

Without those features a 365 days year really means 365 hours of playtime, which is an overkill IMO.