Inability to destroy a wall with a sledge hammer from certain angles PZ 40.40

eldergamer

This bug has been around forever but it's somehow never been corrected. The inability to destroy a wall with a sledge hammer from certain angles. For example say your in the second story of a bunch of row homes. (That's several homes that are connected to each other in a row)

You want to destroy a section of wall so that you can access the adjacent home directly without having to exit the building your in and enter the adjacent home from the outside. Well often times I find the section of wall I want to destroy but it won't allow me to destroy it from the side I'm on. I have to exit the house I'm in, enter the adjacent house, find the same section of wall and destroy it from that side. You still achieved the result you're looking for you just have to jump through some unnecessary hoops to achieve it.

This is not a show stopper issue but it is a bug, it is annoying, and it's persisted for a very long time.

Eldergamer

Edited by eldergamer

On 12/17/2018 at 11:06 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Don't think I've experienced thet one in years. The one that gets me is trying to put walls up on frames.

What map location?

The locations have been almost everywhere I've ever been on the map. Off the top of my head as mentioned earlier, the row homes southeast of rosewood city, the storage building east of Rosewood city next to the farms. In fact I've had this problem most the time when a storage building is involved. The second story of the city hall building in Rosewood. I'm mostly naming Rosewood here but it really happens everywhere on the map. I try to destroy a section of wall that is unobstructed on both sides and it just won't allow it from one side but it does allow it from the other. It happens so often that I don't really think about it anymore. It's just something I got use to living with. I'll start taking screenshots and jotting down locations when it happens so I can provide some good examples for the team to fool around with.

I have an experiment for you,

A great example of this would be a storage building. You know the ones loaded with crates. Those buildings are two story's tall but there's no second floor. Find two of them located adjacent to each other and build stairs and a bit of second floor in both buildings. Now try and knock down a section of wall so you can make a second story walkway from one building to the other. If it shows that it's going to allow you to destroy a section of wall then don't. Go to the adjacent buildings second floor and try destroying a section of wall and making a second story walkway from that building. You'll find one buildings going to let you do it and the other won't.

I think this is a great example because there are no obstructions on the second floor guaranteed. Why, because you just built the second floor yourself. There's nothing there that you didn't put there. Do you follow me?

Eldergamer

Edited by eldergamer
additional information

On 12/18/2018 at 12:04 AM, Laird Thaddeus said:

are there items connected to the wall that have to be destroyed first? i find i sometime have to take out 3 items just to take out a piece of wall (with window in ) so if there are items both side they would need removing before the wall can come down.

I hear you, I thought the same thing at one time but no. There is no obstructions on either side of the section I want to destroy.

Eldergamer

Edited by eldergamer
removed some info that was repeated in an earlier post

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Gave it a shot, but I'm not having any issues.

Are you running any mods or is this a vanilla map? it might be a good idea to double-check in the mods section if you play it on any servers, there's several have protection scripts to prevent excessive sledge-hammering.

First off, thank you for taking the time to do that.

I'm running stock maps but I am running mods. I'm not sure how they'd affect the destruction of walls? The mods I'm running are: CureWildMeat.v21, SurvivalBread.v2, and SweaterStrings. Also I'm only doing solo play from my local machine, no servers.

When I installed 40.40 I deleted the old install first. Cleaned out the saves and deleted any undeleted folders. The game was installed freshly from pz40.40.

I'm going to head to the storage buildings east of Rosewood next to the farms and try recreating this issue there.

Once again thanks for taking the time to try that. I have no explanation for why it didn't happen to you. It literally happens so often to me that I stopped paying attention to it. I just did the work around. I'll reply to this post on what happens.

Eldergamer