PZ 40.40 Not allowed to build walls next to stacked crates

eldergamer

I stacked crates 3 high and tried to build a wall next to it. It was not allowed. I had to remove the crates, built the wall, then put the crates back were they were next to the wall.

I took some screen shots to show the progression.

First I trying to build a wall next to the stacked creates. Notice the red outline on the wall frame. I simply wasn't allowed to build next to the crates.

1868921385_Wallnotallowednexttocrates.png.99b602d889d562d6e7e1ef8fc07df91a.png

Removed crates and built wall.

1566338682_Removedcratesandbuiltwall.png.8f9e859a81d8e192f4c3a5fea70ebac1.png

Placed crates back where they were once the wall was built.

597929449_Placedcratesbackwheretheywere.png.32e6f46b083014b7dc44ae41f04bcf09.png

This isn't a show stopper by any means. It's just an annoyance.

Eldergamer

13 hours ago, Uattorio said:

Sure this is annoying, but if you think about it in the real world for building walls we need space, you won't build any wall with objects or supplies so near to the building area.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I'm actually currently building a house IRL in fact I'm sending this post from said house, My point is I was thinking the same. I wouldn't attempt to build a wall right next to a bunch of stacked crates. I too would move them first and then build. With that said I still believe this is a bug and felt I should report it for the sake of thoroughness. It's hard to imagine that Indiestone doesn't already know about this bug but in the off chance they don't know or the more likely assumption they haven't gotten around to fixing it, I thought I should mention it.

There is another bug that's been around forever as well but it's somehow never been corrected it's the inability to destroy a wall with a sledge hammer from certain angles. For example say your in the second story of a bunch of row homes. (That's several homes that are connected to each other in a row)

You want to destroy a section of wall so that you can access the adjacent home directly without having to exit the building your in and enter the adjacent home from the outside. Well often times I find the section of wall I want to destroy but it won't allow me to destroy it from the side I'm on. I have to exit the house I'm in, enter the adjacent house, find the same section of wall and destroy it from that side.

It's crazy, I achieved the result that I was looking for which was to merge the two homes via a destroyed section of wall but I have to do it from the other side. Once again, not a show stopper issue but it is a bug and it is annoying that it's persisted for so long.

Eldergamer

11 hours ago, Blake81 said:

I think this bug been there for ages; I remember it from the time the only way to relocate a crate was an axe or a sledgie...

Yeah, these bugs are not terrible game stopping bugs but I think they still need to be brought up from time to time in case they were never reported or simply forgotten.

Eldergamer

16 hours ago, Uattorio said:

Are you perhaps building in the fossoil station near rosewood?
I have my refuge there :D
however it is always right to report possible bugs

Yeah it's the Fossoil southwest of Rosewood, I usually make at least a safe house out of every Fossoil Station I come across. This time I went a bit crazy with it and built a full blown base. I built a ton of storage and a single enclosed bedroom on the roof. Normally I locate my main bases as close to city center as possible then a series of safe houses in a radius from my main base. I decided to change it up a bit since I started a new game with the PZ40.40 release. I've located my main base outside town this time and I'm driving into town to scavenge. It hasn't been to bad so far.

Eldergamer