BSOD on launch

lokiiisme

Tried to fire up the game today, major issues. Haven't played in a few weeks, since right after cars moved to the public. Today, I get BSOD or CTD at the same point in loading every time. Right after it starts loading survial.lua.

after the loading the next two lines are:

OpenGL 3.0 framebuffer objects supported 

FBO: creating 512x512

At that point it is either a crash to desktop or BSOD with Video_tdr_failure with pointing to nvlddmkm.sys.

I made sure my drivers were all up to date, even going so far as to update my bios. Continues to happen. I am on a gaming laptop with dual graphics cards. Intel and Nvidia. I have seen seen this issue before on some games due to the game having issues selecting the right card. 

Now here is the fun part. After looking through the forum, I saw some mention of running the .bat file to start rather than the .exe. This got me to the main screen. I was able to join a game from there, but didnt get in due to mod stuff. After fixing mods. I tried to load the game again. Got the BSOD again when starting the map. Able to get into game after that. Though with occasional crashes and lockups when the game actually loads.

Windows 10

Alienware 17 R2

Nvidia 970m

31 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Judging by the error code Video_tdr_failure, I'd say it's still using the Intel GPU, which doesn't have the resources to work with PZ, generally.

Try forcing it to use the "high performance" card (nVidia) in the nVidia Control Panel. 

Yeah. I have had similar issues with other games. I have it set to use it by default with the nvidia control panel. One other game I play, I was also able to force the GPU in an config file, or with command line inputs. Haven't seen anything like that for PZ. That was the first thing I was looking for. 

Also, never had this issue in earlier builds, so that's interesting too. 

Still happening. But not every time. If I leave a game and try to rejoin, without exiting the game client entirely, it will happen sometimes. It also still happens on start up. But it seems to be when I have been in the game already and am coming back in. I have to reboot the computer and then I can get into the game with the .bat file. Definitely something wonky going on.