Dark as night while raining

Demonic_Kat

Not sure if this is intentional but I started a new game on the current build and it started to storm. Then it got pitch black at 13:00. I've been in some crazy storms (hurricanes included) but I've never seen any storm block out the sunlight completely, or even to the point where one needs a flashlight. (Screenshot shows the next day at 9am when I got lost in the blackness of rain) 

20181215034557_1.jpg

Edited by Demonic_Kat

Something else is not right, in buildings now it's way too dark and no, it's not because of the lack of windows, because even in a greenhouse it is very dark, if you look from outside you can see perfeclty fine inside of it butwhen you come inside it gets dark.

7 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

Something else is not right, in buildings now it's way too dark and no, it's not because of the lack of windows, because even in a greenhouse it is very dark, if you look from outside you can see perfeclty fine inside of it butwhen you come inside it gets dark.

This is something that could really use a screenshot of the before and after.

Is this a separate issue, unrelated to rain?

This is something that could really use a screenshot of the before and after.

Is this a separate issue, unrelated to rain?

Yes it is unrelated to weather effects

I don't know if it is impotant but I have low lighting settings

and of course it is the same with all buildings

here it is:

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

Edited by Axezombie

44 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

Yes it is unrelated to weather effects

I don't know if it is impotant but I have low lighting settings

and of course it is the same with all buildings

here it is:

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

Huh, yeah that's quite interesting.

Is it a map mod are part of the vanilla map?

7 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Huh, yeah that's quite interesting.

Is it a map mod are part of the vanilla map?

Vanilla map, here: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.9283784560599992,0.25407240441926104,433.4111813394633

But as I said it has nothing to do with this building, it does that everywhere, at least for me, maybe it's because of my low settings, I'll try next time with better lighting

1 minute ago, Axezombie said:

Vanilla map, here: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.9283784560599992,0.25407240441926104,433.4111813394633

But as I said it has nothing to do with this building, it does that everywhere, at least for me, maybe it's because of my low settings, I'll try next time with better lighting

Yeah, could be. I know we had problems with Very Low in the past. Will try it later tonight, when I have more time. :) 

Asked Turbo to take a look, as well.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:29 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

So long as it's rare, I'm fine with apocalyptic levels of light filtering during the apocalypse.

Maybe Lewisville is burning.

Yeah. That's extremely cool. But not being able to see anything at midday because of the rain? That sounds a bit too much.

21 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Again, if it's rare, what does it matter?

Most people will never see it.

'If' it was rare, I probably wouldn't mind too awful much, but it happens EVERY time it rains for me. In the above screenshot, that was the second day of rain where I couldn't do anything really cuz I couldn't see. I even started a new game to see if something was just funny with that one, and 3 days in, it rained and I couldn't see anything.

On a side note, I have my lighting on high updates at 30.

Edited by Demonic_Kat

13 minutes ago, Demonic_Kat said:

'If' it was rare, I probably wouldn't mind too awful much, but it happens EVERY time it rains for me. In the above screenshot, that was the second day of rain where I couldn't do anything really cuz I couldn't see. I even started a new game to see if something was just funny with that one, and 3 days in, it rained and I couldn't see anything.

On a side note, I have my lighting on high updates at 30.

Assuming it's a relatively new save, would you be able to upload it somewhere?

Maybe it'd help to directly experience it. :)

On 12/18/2018 at 6:55 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Assuming it's a relatively new save, would you be able to upload it somewhere?

Maybe it'd help to directly experience it. :)

Well it's not a new save anymore lol. I could start a new one if you're willing to tell me how to upload a save. Does it not happen when you play? I made a test game after the first two with 0 zeds and sped up time until it rained. Same issue occurred.

4 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Well it's not a new save anymore lol. I could start a new one if you're willing to tell me how to upload a save. Does it not happen when you play? I made a test game after the first two with 0 zeds and sped up time until it rained. Same issue occurred.

Not to this extent.

Another user on Steam suggested it might be down to the hard of hearing trait, as, despite its name, it does modify vision a bit? Are you taking it?