Option to turn off weather effects while inside

Demonic_Kat

One of the reasons I've been so stuck on PZ for so long is that it doesn't have a lot of the high speed movements that many other games do which make me motion sick. Though I'm loving the new weather system when it's raining outside the movement on the darker parts of the screen is so incredibly jarring that it makes me nauseous. While I'm outside the motion of the rain doesn't bother me in the least, probably because it has background.

I think that atmospherically it's beautiful, but I think it'd be nice to have an option to turn off the weather effects while inside.

• 1 month later...

Did you try to go to small room when there was raining outside and really dark and then zoom out? it gives you really psychedelic view where the room is just hanging in space surrounded by rain. If i look at thise longer then few seconds it makes me dizzy :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Things like this fall under Accessibility Options and should always be included in a game that wants to cater to the biggest audience. So I am giving this a big thumbs up from me.

Other common options include Color Blind Mode and Subtitles. Subtitles are tough to pull off for directional sounds, but Minecraft has subtitles for nearby sounds and that works like a charm.

I don't even suffer from motion sickness in real life or in any other game, but the rain in PZ is a bit disturbing. Haven't seen it in day time yet, but the stormy night I experienced was pretty bad. I guess it's that indoors you basically stare and concentrate at a smaller area and the rain animation on the edges of your vision cause this effect.