Build 40.40 - Patch Released

Batsphinx

PATCH 40.40 - FULL CHANGELIST

NEW

• Improved night visuals by adding indoor masking to color exterior when inside, so interiors are no longer affected by climate coloring.
  • Split climate colors into exterior (shader) and interior (mask) variations.
  • Added config file to initialize colors.
  • Added debug panel to edit climate colors ingame and save config file.

BALANCE

• Highly reduced odds of breaking a windows when trying to remove it at lvl 10 carpentry.
  • Can now sleep on a piano seat. (somehow)
  • Double doors now shown in red if trying to build inside a building.
  • Made it possible to disassemble many more items, including: fridges, ovens, more chairs, washing machines, lockers, fitness equipment, metal barrels and some missing shelves.
  • Added chance of success in the disassemble context option tooltip.
  • Adjusted ambient, rendersettings and shader to fix flash/street/car lights.
  • Added minimum values for rain and snow, a very low value as it sometimes looked patterny.
  • Changed darkness so it's more variable during weather.
  • Added dither circle to weathermask
  • Adjusted non-default sandbox night darkness a bit
  • Added missing moon calcs to climate system, and readded night moonlight coloring
  • Saucepan can now be used to disinfect bandages.
  • Added missing textures for fractured bones. You now can't splint a chest.
  • Updated Translations.
  • Added support for Estonian lanugage.

FIXES

• Fixed Steam servers appearing password-protected when Password is empty.
  • Fixed /changeoption server command not accepting empty option values.
  • Fixed foraging never finding anything for admins/mods in multiplayer
  • Fixed vehicle engine sounds not being muted in the menu screen in multiplayer.
  • Fixed empty ChunkObjectState packets being sent in multiplayer.
  • Fixed whisper in chatbox crashes with spaces or slashes
  • Fixed not being able to whisper to some players
  • Fixed being able to build a stairs in the opposite direction directly on top of another staircase.
  • Fixed some disassemble definitions having no 2nd items and giving wrong info.
  • Fixed required skill not being displayed in tooltip when picking up or placing furniture.
  • Fixed drainable items not cooling down when placed on the floor. 
  • Fixed custom weather settings not applying for some challenges when loading an existing save. Previously, if you continued a "Winter is Coming" save, you'd get rain instead of snow.
  • Fixed items remaining equipped after placing traps and installing vehicle parts.
  • Fixed GetTextWithPrefix of non-existant table when a whisper target is out of range.
  • Fixed whitespace being deleted from name in quotes of whisper chat command
  • Fixed some red errors when input regex parts into chat. Small refactoring chat window.
  • Fixed concurrent chat server problem. Chat system is thread-safe now.
  • Fixed bug in isoregions where a pole sometimes invalidated a region room and rain could get in.
  • Fixed Turkish translation files causing errors when displayed in game.
  • Fixed Safehouse channel being heard by any member of any safehouse, not only by members of a particular one
  • Fixed "plumb sink" not being synchronized in multiplayer.
  • Fixed game sometimes locking up when exiting.
  • Fixed game freezing if player not found.

1 hour ago, georgica22us said:

Hey!

I was super excited to read about Estonian language support, but it does not seem to be working - it switches to Spanish not Estonian.

The language has been added so that community translators can translate to Estonian but the language hasn't been translated yet. I used Spanish files to test that the files were loading correctly, I must have forgotten to switch the files back to English for translating.

3 hours ago, Neutz said:

Did this fix players getting wet in player made constructions? I thought I read in a previous mondoid it was getting fixed for this build

18 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Fixed bug in isoregions where a pole sometimes invalidated a region room and rain could get in.

Sounds like it has, in some capacity? 

On 12/13/2018 at 7:17 PM, Dragoncody98 said:

Great update! Will we one day be able to sleep in bath tubs as well? That’s something I’ve been wondering for a long time now? Lol

I am in favor of introducing fun mechanics instead of making a game 100% realistic. 
But it has always struck me that you can not sleep on the floor.

I am not a huge fan of the new lighting system either but I must admit that it really is pretty true to what you get when out after dark without a light source. This really force some downtime or you need to think ahead to be able to spend the time close to a base.

Only thing I must say is that there should be an option on this. I am getting older and now things that are dark on screen are pretty hard to see. Not just gaming but I have to up the gamma on TV shows and movies I watch. I just do not have the ability anymore to see minute shadings.

In general I think I will keep the dark nights as I think if something like this happened in real life I would be hugging safe places after dark. Yet I think I would like a sandbox setting to at least opt out of this if I would like.

Also playing my first server (SpiffoServer) and I am noticing that I have smoother gameplay on that than I do in sandbox. While driving I get micro pauses/rubber banding where on the server it is just so smooth that I risk going to fast.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

AMD FX-8320 (8 Core)

16GM RAM

MSI 970 GAMING (MS-7693)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

19 minutes ago, nickodemos said:

Also playing my first server (SpiffoServer) and I am noticing that I have smoother gameplay on that than I do in sandbox. While driving I get micro pauses/rubber banding where on the server it is just so smooth that I risk going to fast.

SpiffoSpace is currently running the latest version of IWBUMS (40.41) where they are testing out some new features. It looks like the update is working as intended. I'll have to test it out more myself later when I'm done with my book club meeting. I have yet to find a working car I can drive around to really test it.

3 hours ago, nickodemos said:

In general I think I will keep the dark nights as I think if something like this happened in real life I would be hugging safe places after dark. Yet I think I would like a sandbox setting to at least opt out of this if I would like.

You can make nights lighter in sandbox already. Wouldn't mind knowing if it provides enough customization or not, though.

2 hours ago, Kaleidozombie said:

SpiffoSpace is currently running the latest version of IWBUMS (40.41) where they are testing out some new features. It looks like the update is working as intended. I'll have to test it out more myself later when I'm done with my book club meeting. I have yet to find a working car I can drive around to really test it.

Hm, I'll enable easy vehicles.