Some mood suggestions.

Burger_Time

Mood follows us everywhere we go. We always feel sad, happy, nervous. But the only thing your character feels in-game constantly is a panic or Stress if you're smoker, and in ZA it shouldn't be like that.

I've decided to make a suggestion that should probably remove thoughts that the only thing char can feel is the fear.

1. More mood changing factors.

Almost every decision and action you make should affect mood. Even watching TV should make your char's mood change. I.e when you see how general says that "There are no mortalities inside zone, everything is under control" your char should become angry or sad.

Here are the mist of things thay could change character's mood:

• Killing people first few weeks should make your character feel Anxious and sad.

• Setting alarm off will definetely make your character panic.

• Watching TV/Listening to radio should make you Sad/Anxious/Angry/Happier depending on programm and maybe even temperament (you can search for my "Four types of temperament" post if you want to).

• Being under attack most likely make you feel Anxious and panic.

• Being inside burning building should scare your cahracter for sure.

• Discovering a bite on you should make your char anxious.

• Simply existence in this apocalyptic world should make character depressed and anxious.

2. Insanity state.

If you've been feeling sad for an unreasonable amount of time, kill thousands of people every month, spend a lot of time near big bloodstains or being alone for a very long time could really mess with your character's mind.

Insanity state should affect mood changes and communication with other people.

Have four stages:

Starting to lose wits — something's really messing your mind up. Talk to someone if you don't want to be insane. Slightly increased Unhappiness gaining and slightly worse interaction with people.

Crazy — you've been doing too much even for apocalypse. Moderately decreased chance of successful interaction with people.

Psychopath — stop doing these things, goddamn it! Severe communication with people debuff.

Completely insane — absolute loss of mind. Human interaction is almost impossible from that point. Your character starts to rave.

3. Make depression more severe.

Depression right now is not a problem. Like you can remove a damn mental illness with one-two books. Doesn't sound severe, does it?

As I said before, depression is an Illness , and it should be treated as any other sickness.

The treatment is fairly easy, but it should take some time.

To treat depression you need to periodically entertain your character and talk to others. With antidepressants treatment can go faster, however, your character may become addictive to them, which means that you will constantly be depressed if you don't take pills.

4. Short comments.

Depending on personality, mood and health character should comment some things. I.e if your char depressed, he can sometimes say "Why am I like that? Why am I still alive?!", if you set off car alarm, he can say "Shut up you rusty piece of crap!" E.t.c.

5. Mood-exclusive actions.

I don't think it's need to be explained much. Some actions like suicide should be available only if you are stressed or desperated. Maybe, you shouldn't even be able to eat food like dog food and worms unless you are very hungry. Can also be commented by the character like "I'm not eating THAT" Or "I'm hungry, but not that hungry to eat this".

Short term happiness management could affect how quickly you learn the skills to survive the apocalypse.

So being unhappy will cause you to level up slowly. But being happy will speed things up.

Mid-Long term should be sanity management. Basically trying to avoid going crazy and having a mental breakdown.

• 3 months later...