Zombie infection transmission settings

johnbilly

Hi, i was just wondering if it was possible to make available in the sandbox option the possibility to get infected only if u get bitten. (unless it's already in and i completly missed it.)

Thanks and keep up the good work !!

PS : Btw I was also wondering if there is actually a chance to survive a bite, or if try to fight the infection is kinda pointless, i couldn't find official answer on that.

much love 

It’s alreaady in the game. You can go to the zombie settings and choose how the infection is transmitted it’s either getting bitten or being scratched and the other option I believe is everybody is infected so no matter if you die from hunger or a fall from a really high place you come back as a zombie. I will look and see if there is a bites only option in it tho I usually just use the everyone’s infected so I can really get that walking dead feeling outta it.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, johnbilly said:

(...)

PS : Btw I was also wondering if there is actually a chance to survive a bite, or if try to fight the infection is kinda pointless, i couldn't find official answer on that.

much love 

I beleive the infection rate for a bite is 95%, if I'm wrong, someone can provide a different number.

There is no mean to reduce this chance or prevent infection (except maybe the trait Thick Skin). Once it's been determined by the game, it is only a matter of time.

As such, surviving an infection form a bite (19 times out of 20) is impossible. That is why I always play with sandbox settings that make infection and death instantaneous... I always know which bite/scratch is fatal right away.