Discount the game across platforms for verified owners.

Layarion

I own the gog.com version, would be cool if proof of that purchase could get me the steam version at a good price. not free, just charge me enough to cover overhead and such for a one-time purchase.

this allows me to download the workshop steam mods, access the steam player-base of the community and play with them, and gives me access to more frequent updates.

GOG owners have to wait until we're caught up with steam before we can play with those players, some of them won't play with us because they can't tell if we're VAC Banned or something, and even with third party programs we can't always download the steam workshop mods when the mod authors don't upload a gog.com friendly version. (which doesn't require tweaking of the authors mod, but awareness that gog players can and would want to use their mods)

to reiterate:
i'm not saying "give me it free" just "i already paid money for the game, let me pay a small fee to have it on another platform instead of paying full price"

sure it cost them money to have it on steam and to get this idea going, which is why i'd be find with like, paying 5$ for the steam copy.

Edited by Layarion

1 hour ago, Layarion said:

I own the gog.com version, would be cool if proof of that purchase could get me the steam version at a good price. not free, just charge me enough to cover overhead and such for a one-time purchase.

this allows me to download the workshop steam mods, access the steam player-base of the community and play with them, and gives me access to more frequent updates.

GOG owners have to wait until we're caught up with steam before we can play with those players, some of them won't play with us because they can't tell if we're VAC Banned or something, and even with third party programs we can't always download the steam workshop mods when the mod authors don't upload a gog.com friendly version. (which doesn't require tweaking of the authors mod, but awareness that gog players can and would want to use their mods)

to reiterate:
i'm not saying "give me it free" just "i already paid money for the game, let me pay a small fee to have it on another platform instead of paying full price"

sure it cost them money to have it on steam and to get this idea going, which is why i'd be find with like, paying 5$ for the steam copy.

Just test the gamepad if you have a gamepad and they give you a free copy of pz search it in forum or sometimes they give pz copy when they have megatest

Edited by jamesorbe0

2 hours ago, jamesorbe0 said:

Just test the gamepad if you have a gamepad and they give you a free copy of pz search it in forum or sometimes they give pz copy when they have megatest

I looked at that post, and i don't generally prefer a controller on any pc game. there are a few exceptions, mainly games that have bad PC controls. 

this deal isn't for everyone, it's specifically for people who want and use a controller, and it'll only be around for the next few builds they say. you're advice, while helpful to anyone who meets those criteria, doesn't help me nor anyone else who doesn't meet that criteria.

Well, Valve is probably not going to give up their 30% cut just because you've already own the game on a different (competing) platform, so the $5 would go to them and the devs would have to do all the extra work to make it possible and get nothing in return.

So while it sounds kinda reasonable from the players' standpoint, it's not that reasonable from the devs' standpoint.

That's said, it's almost Christmas and the game will probably go on sale, and if for some reason I happen to get a key from the controller testing I'll give it away because I don't have friends D: xD

7 hours ago, crossed said:

Well, Valve is probably not going to give up their 30% cut just because you've already own the game on a different (competing) platform

so it's not 30% of what is sold? or in otherwords,  a 1.50$ fee in the 5$ sale case? ok well, if That is the case, that steam charges takes a cut based on their full sale price and not what it was actually sold for, then i could live with paying like 9$ instead.

Edited by Layarion

29 minutes ago, Layarion said:

so it's not 30% of what is sold? or in otherwords,  a 1.50$ fee in the 5$ sale case? ok well, if That is the case, that steam charges takes a cut based on their full sale price and not what it was actually sold for, then i could live with paying like 9$ instead.

I assumed they take their cut from the full price unless the game is actually on sale on steam, but I don't know to be honest