How do I edit the current map?

Kennethdio

I have been making some bunkers and I want to hide them around in Knox County (or Meade, I dunno, this game geography is weird). I know I can get ms paint stuff and dump that into either map or world editor, so is there an ms paint of the map or something in the files I can open?

4 hours ago, Kennethdio said:

I have been making some bunkers and I want to hide them around in Knox County (or Meade, I dunno, this game geography is weird). I know I can get ms paint stuff and dump that into either map or world editor, so is there an ms paint of the map or something in the files I can open?

Yes and No...

No,  as I understand it you cannot open and edit the base map.

Yes, you can make your own map mod, and overwrite sections of the base map.

To do this, From WorldEd :

In the options for BMP => TMX     [X] "assign generated maps to the world"

In the options for Generate Lots under World Origin, enter the X/Y in terms of cells where you want YOUR map mod to appear.

I made a custom 20x20 cell map offset to (45,25) and then connected it with another map that overwrites sections of forest in the base map for roads to connect to mine. Same idea.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:57 AM, Kennethdio said:

CartoZed will likely help you. I'd suggest using it together with the ZomboidMapProject.
Just select a cell in CartoZed after loading the map from your folder, select tile or tiles, save as PNG.

After that you still need to use paint or something to make the maps for the nature.

But with CartoZed it's easy to keep the existing roads and still add new roads that line up with the original map.

Then you can use the normal procedure of making maps with TileZed, BuildEd and WorldEd.

Back to ZomboidMapProject to find the X Y position, add those when writing the lots in WorldEd.

Edited by Newt