A few Bugs [IWBUMS 40.38]

Dr Zebra

Just a few bugs to note, some have been reported elsewhere but I'll repeat them anyways.

These occurred on a multiplayer server I host from my computer that has 3-10 players playing and we use no mods.

1. Harvestable crops growth stopping. [IWBUMS 40.38]

I am not CERTAIN this is a bug, so if it is just a part of the process i don't understand feel free to fill me in, just working off the wiki here.

Crops we grow seem to bug out and get frozen is certain growing stages. 
I first observed this with about 6 strawberry plants, the got to stage 6/7 growth and were harvestable but I decided to leave them till I could get the seeds (stage 7).
Their health and water was never far off 100, and they were never fertilised.

About a day or two later I could no longer harvest them but they remained in stage 6 of 7. 
They remained the way for about 15-20 days!
Stuck in stage 6, unharvestable, gameplay continued normally apart from this.
Eventually I dug them up.

We began a new much larger farm with every type of vegetable. The cabbages we harvested fine, and 3 out of the four potatoes, at which point all the crops seemed to freeze again. 
For seemly unlimited time the broccoli was stuck in stage 5, one of the four potatoes too. 
The tomatoes reached stage 6 and were harvestable but when this "freeze" happened they became un-harvestable.

The health of all the crops was 100 and the rain continued to water them (there water continued to decrease.)
Adding afew fertiliser at this poit did not seem to make a difference but if too much fertiliser is added they die.
Allowing large amounts of time to pass or relaunching the server etc does not seem to fix this.

New crops we plants grow, but these ones seem frozen, I do not know how to reproduce this bug.

2. Not getting wet in rain. [IWBUMS 40.38]

I have seen this posted here before and the poster been told this is not a bug so its possible these observations are also wrong.

Suddenly, about 2-3 months into our server, right in the middle of a very rainy season, we have all STOPPED getting wet in rain. We were all getting soaked constantly then suddenly, not anymore. No matter whether the rain is visibly light or extremely heavy, no-one gets wet. 

3. Unkillable yet infinitley killable zombie. [IWBUMS 40.38]

When me and a friend both hit a crawling zombie at the same time something weird happened.
The crawling zombie kind of jumped up to a standing position, and became stuck in the "being pushed back" animation.

We were still panicked by this zombie but it could not move or attack us.

We could still hit this zombie and doing so provided xp, every single hit being a kill whether pushed, a weapon used etc. (making the death sound and blood splatter every time).
My friend levelled up their blunt accuracy, maintenance and guard several times against this single zombie. Leaving the nearby area and coming back it was still there, cars would not collide with it.
Re-loading the server caused it to disappear.

4. Duplicating car bug [IWBUMS 40.38]

I run a high end computer but project zomboid manages to crash it when i tab out (i dont get this with any other games)
This isnt actually a problem though, its fine.
However I thought i'd mention that the last time this happened 6 of us were in a car together.
When we logged back into the game had duplicated this car 5 times!
It seems that the game had duplicated a copy of the car at the last position each player was in before the server crashed.
The players all remained in the main car where we crashed.

5. Mall raining ghost zombies. [IWBUMS 40.36]

Its likely this has been reported before but when in the mall, about half of the zombies that dropped from the upper levels got stuck in the falling animation and became uninteractable. This still panicked us but we could not hit them, the were flickering extremely annoyingly hence us calling them ghosts, honestly it made the mall alot scarier :P
The rest of the zombies that dropped worked fine, by the end of our short expedition into one wing of the mall, there were about 40-60 ghost zombies stuck in this way. 

Positive feedback: [IWBUMS 40.38]
The new nights are really cool and dark!
Apart from these bugs the game is great :D!

Let me know if you need any extra info on any of these.

22 hours ago, Dr Zebra said:

3. Unkillable yet infinitley killable zombie. [IWBUMS 40.38]

When me and a friend both hit a crawling zombie at the same time something weird happened.
The crawling zombie kind of jumped up to a standing position, and became stuck in the "being pushed back" animation.

We were still panicked by this zombie but it could not move or attack us.

We could still hit this zombie and doing so provided xp, every single hit being a kill whether pushed, a weapon used etc. (making the death sound and blood splatter every time).
My friend levelled up their blunt accuracy, maintenance and guard several times against this single zombie. Leaving the nearby area and coming back it was still there, cars would not collide with it.
Re-loading the server caused it to disappear.

I can confirm also encountering this bug from time to time for the past few builds. I didn't knew that "killing" such zombie gives XP too, I always just restart the server after encountering it. Thanks for noticing that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 10:05 PM, Bob Isme said:

You might find that the crops aren't actually frozen, like we did, but that for some unknown reason crops require 5000+ hours to reach the next phase and you can only tell that once someone gets to level 10 farming

Wow, I didn't see your thread but yeah that will probably be it, thanks. (still definitely a bug though xD)

On 12/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, Faalagorn said:

I can confirm also encountering this bug from time to time for the past few builds. I didn't knew that "killing" such zombie gives XP too, I always just restart the server after encountering it. Thanks for noticing that!

Also got this issue on 40.43 (Steam) version. Yet it wasn't a crawling zombie, but a plain walking one. I can see it, I can attack it, but I can't hit it with a car (tried to just flatten it down maybe). Z freezed in state "flip back after hit". Can't really say now, but I think animation "Step back" was played.

Edited by Shamanu

16 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Also got this issue on 40.43 (Steam) version. Yet it wasn't a crawling zombie, but a plain walking one. I can see it, I can attack it, but I can't hit it with a car (tried to just flatten it down maybe). Z freezed in state "flip back after hit". Can't really say now, but I think animation "Step back" was played.

It's a known issue and happens after you drive over a zombie that is in "getting up from the ground" animation. They sort of "get stuck" between being dead-dead but in "pushed back" animation. Forever. Poor souls...

On 1/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, Pandorea said:

It's a known issue and happens after you drive over a zombie that is in "getting up from the ground" animation. They sort of "get stuck" between being dead-dead but in "pushed back" animation. Forever. Poor souls...

Thing is... This in not a case. Like it was said before - Zs were killed in a melee fight. Personally I stabbed those with a knife.