IWBUMS VERSION - 40.37

lemmy101

This will hopefully be the last!

If anyone would be able to give nighttime a test, let us know how it goes on different people's machines! Let us know!

NEW

Added indoor masking to color exterior when inside, insides are no longer affected by climate coloring.
Split climate colors into exterior (shader) and interior (mask) variations.
Added config file to initialize colors.
Added debug panel to edit climate colors ingame and save config file.

BALANCE

Highly reduced odds of breaking a windows when trying to remove it at lvl 10 carpentry.
Can now sleep on a piano seat. (somehow)
Double doors now shown in red if trying to build inside a building.
Made it possible to disassemble many more items, including: fridges, ovens, more chairs, washing machines, lockers, fitness equipment, metal barrels and some missing shelves.
Added chance of success in the disassemble context option tooltip.
Adjusted ambient, rendersettings and shader to fix flash/street/car lights.
Added minimum values for rain and snow, a very low value as sometimes looked patterny.
Changed darkness more variable during weather.

FIXES

Fixed Steam servers appearing password-protected when Password is empty.
Fixed /changeoption server command not accepting empty option values.
Fixed foraging never finding anything for admins/mods in multiplayer
Fixed vehicle engine sounds not being muted in the menu screen in multiplayer.
Fixed empty ChunkObjectState packets being sent in multiplayer.
Fixed whisper in chatbox crashes with spaces or slashes
Fixed not being able to whisper to some players
Fixed being able to build a stairs in the opposite direction directly on top of another staircase.
Fixed some disassemble definitions having no 2nd items and giving wrong info.
Fixed required skill not being displayed in tooltip when picking up or placing furniture.
Fixed drainable items not cooling down when placed on the floor. 
Fixed custom weather settings not applying for some challenges when loading an existing save.
 Previously, if you continued a "Winter is Coming" save, you'd get rain instead of snow.

Great to hear the positive reaction re: the night-time visuals. 

If you spot them doing anything weird though, please flag it and provide screenshots.

We also need to test this all on an MP server, and make sure that the whisper bugs are sorted.

The night are fuggin awesome, but I find it a bit strange when gamma instantly changes when entering the building for all the environment. My suggestion is to gradualy change the gamma ONLY inside buildings when getting closer. Same when inside buildings: gamma should change only inside, but the outdoors area should always have same gamma. :)

After a long hiatus I played PZ yesterday and now today and the for a long time the bright nights really bugged me compared to classic PZ nights. They're back now and oh boy is it exciting. Before I could drive around at night without headlights on, now I was driving away from the towncenter late evening from a looting run to my farm safehouse, when I left the artificial light from the town on the highway I was suprised my car was driving through near pitch blackness aside from the roadlight every now and then, and the roadmarkers. Turned the headlights on and it started to rain, very atmospheric driving slowly to avoid hitting the zombies just standing there in the middle of the road as your headlights illuminate them on a cold rainy night.

However I actually hit a zombie breaking the one headlight that worked, I had one spare left in the glovebox so I turned of the engine, got out and sneaked towards the hood with my screwdriver in one hand, flashlight in the other, which also is nescessary now to see in the dark, the zombies stood motionless 20 meters up ahead and I quickly fixed the light.

23 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Great to hear the positive reaction re: the night-time visuals. 

If you spot them doing anything weird though, please flag it and provide screenshots.

We also need to test this all on an MP server, and make sure that the whisper bugs are sorted.

We are glad to help you out on this as we are running IWBUMS branch to get the fix required for our server to RP.

/whisper seems to works fine but with a giant flaw. The game and server will crash afterwards once someone use it for a couple of times. Our players seems to be able to see the chat working but the follow up crash seem to be annoying.

If I have more information about the crash, would gladly update this.

Edit: I have tested with our players and apparently the receiver end of the whisper message will crash the game and server.

The client side do not seem to have any crash logs as it just simply freezes the game.

The server side crash logs have been added below:

Server console:
```
Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1437)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:1466)
    at zombie.network.chat.ChatServer.disconnectPlayer(ChatServer.java:209)
    at zombie.network.GameServer.disconnect(GameServer.java:7226)
    at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:753)
```
Edited by jianmingyong

5 hours ago, jianmingyong said:

We are glad to help you out on this as we are running IWBUMS branch to get the fix required for our server to RP.

/whisper seems to works fine but with a giant flaw. The game and server will crash afterwards once someone use it for a couple of times. Our players seems to be able to see the chat working but the follow up crash seem to be annoying.

If I have more information about the crash, would gladly update this.

Edit: I have tested with our players and apparently the receiver end of the whisper message will crash the game and server.

The client side do not seem to have any crash logs as it just simply freezes the game.

The server side crash logs have been added below:

Server console:
```
Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1437)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:1466)
    at zombie.network.chat.ChatServer.disconnectPlayer(ChatServer.java:209)
    at zombie.network.GameServer.disconnect(GameServer.java:7226)
    at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:753)
```

Thanks guys - Stas is looking into it right now. I'll forward your findings.

IWBUMS 40.38

BALANCE

Saucepan can now be used to disinfect bandages.
Updated Translations.
Added support for Estonian lanugage.

FIX

Fixed MP climate admin panel broken due to color change
Fixed new color config not loading on server
Fixed shader still applying some slight coloring when indoors
Fixed items remaining equipped after placing traps and installing vehicle parts.
Fixed GetTextWithPrefix of non-existant table when a whisper target is out of range.
Fixed whitespace being deleted from name in quotes of whisper chat command
Fixed some red errors when input regex parts into chat. Small refactoring chat window.
Fixed concurrent chat server problem. Chat system is thread-safe now.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but when are you going to fix the vehicles's hitbox? Before build 40 it was perfect but now it is bigger than it looks on the north, north east side of cars.

It is so big my character can't pass between 2 cars parked next to each other and I keep hitting stuff which obviously doesn't even touch the car I'm driving.

I can't get closer to the vehicle than where I'm standing on these screenshots :

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sorry again if I sound like a jerk, it's a legit question, I'm not searching to offend anyone.

Edited by Axezombie

On 12/6/2018 at 5:01 AM, Axezombie said:

I don't want to sound like a jerk but when are you going to fix the vehicles's hitbox? Before build 40 it was perfect but now it is bigger than it looks on the north, north east side of cars.

It is so big my character can't pass between 2 cars parked next to each other and I keep hitting stuff which obviously doesn't even touch the car I'm driving.

I can't get closer to the vehicle than where I'm standing on these screenshots :

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sorry again if I sound like a jerk, it's a legit question, I'm not searching to offend anyone.

It's probably not going to be perfect for quite a while. It's a hacky fix to prevent characters from clipping over most of the car, until the depth buffer is no longer used for stenciling walls and can be repurposed. That means sometime in or after the animation build.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, NagashUD said:

Dunno if you aware of this bug but sometimes it seems to have some slow motion moments; no fps drops . (Solo)

MadDan reported that just setting the game to 55 FPS instead of 60 would correct this.

Just make sure you disable vsync, otherwise it'll be locked to the FPS of your monitor anyway.

It's probably not going to be perfect for quite a while. It's a hacky fix to prevent characters from clipping over most of the car, until the depth buffer is no longer used for stenciling walls and can be repurposed. That means sometime in or after the animation build.

That's what I thought, well thank you for your answer

IWBUMS 40.39

BALANCE

Added dither circle to weathermask
Adjusted non-default sandbox night darkness a bit
Added missing moon calcs to climate system, and readded night moonlight coloring

FIX

Fixed bug in isoregions where a pole sometimes invalidated a region room and rain could get in.
Fixed Turkish translation files causing errors when displayed in game.
Fixed Safehouse channel being heard by any member of any safehouse, not only by members of a particular one
Fixed "plumb sink" not being synchronized in multiplayer.
Fixed game sometimes locking up when exiting.
Fixed game freezing if player not found. 
Fixed whisper freeze

1 hour ago, junglistjim said:

ok this sounds lame:

I cant slice or smash a watermellon.

there ive said it - had kitchen knife and hammer in primary inventory.

Not really a game breaker... still im doing my part !

..Have no problems smashing or slicing a watermelon. What version of the game you're on? Any mods?