Thunder soundtrack

EraZer

Hi, this is not a real problem and shouldnt be on the priority list, its just something that i noticed and wanted to share. :-D  (english is not my main language so sorry if its hard to read :?)

So, i noticed that the Thunder Soundtrack was recorded inside of a building or something like that because you can hear water dripping on the ground right after a thunder if you listen carefuly. (imagine a broken pipe from where water drops down on the concrete inside a building, while you listen to the rain with a open window) Its not that big of a deal, but if you are walking outside of a building, like a forest or so, and hear the water drop on concrete, it will sound odd. I mean you can clearly hear that sound, and i analysed it for some time now so thats why i'm making this post.

It would be great if the Team could like "remove" this backgroundsound from the Thunder Soundtrack or something like that.  

(sory for this strange post lol)

Damn I never actually noticed that before. I think they may have used a lot of free sounds so it'd make sense for some of them to not work in complement with the game sometimes.

It's actually my biggest gripe with the game at the moment, the overall sounds/quality of them. The rest of the game (especially with animations, water, cars) is pretty polished, but the sound effects can often be of very low quality and maybe some popping/white noise.

For example (besides the one you mentioned):

Open/close car door has massive white noise that hurts my ears. (thank god for the mod)

Car horn has a distinct *pop* sound at the end of it, cutting off abruptly.

Hitting zombie sound effect has a distinct *pop* noise at the end of it, cutting off abruptly.

Some sounds are very low quality also and maybe too loud.

Just in general I really wish we had a sound overhaul for the game.

I was intending on making a mod, but there's few things you can do to separate stomping a zombie from hitting with a weapon sound effect. I also noticed that when you move while a sound plays (e.g, getting out of car) it causes crackling so I gave up on that.

4 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Damn I never actually noticed that before. I think they may have used a lot of free sounds so it'd make sense for some of them to not work in complement with the game sometimes.

It's actually my biggest gripe with the game at the moment, the overall sounds/quality of them. The rest of the game (especially with animations, water, cars) is pretty polished, but the sound effects can often be of very low quality and maybe some popping/white noise.

For example (besides the one you mentioned):

Open/close car door has massive white noise that hurts my ears. (thank god for the mod)

Car horn has a distinct *pop* sound at the end of it, cutting off abruptly.

Hitting zombie sound effect has a distinct *pop* noise at the end of it, cutting off abruptly.

Some sounds are very low quality also and maybe too loud.

Just in general I really wish we had a sound overhaul for the game.

I was intending on making a mod, but there's few things you can do to separate stomping a zombie from hitting with a weapon sound effect. I also noticed that when you move while a sound plays (e.g, getting out of car) it causes crackling so I gave up on that.

Yea, i noticed some of these things you mentioned too.

Like you said, lets hope for a little sound overhaul in future ^^