Jal D`aron

Just a small mod adding a craft able wind turbine to the game using engine parts and electronics, similar to those that can be purchased by mail order for the home for less than $200. so when electricity is cut off refrigerators and cookers can now remain powered. Also stick one in the boot of your car and power the gas pumps at the garages. WIP so not fully tested yet so input welcome

WindPower.rar

Okay run into a few minor problems with this. For the  recipe Electricwire refuses to appear in recipe so easy fix has been removed until a substitute is found/made ,Biggest problem is ....although the turbine works, it is still tied to the fuel consumption rate of a normal generator set at the server level. Again, easily fixed by just unplugging  and then plug in  turbine all power back for set period, however if you are on a 3 day scavenge when you return to base power would have died at some point. If you go on a 2 week scavenge  all the food in the refrigerators is spoiled. Any suggestions as to how to fix this as a permanent power supply would be most appreciated.Also now added to this mod is a drinking water  well . Basically works with only vanilla items needed for when water is turned off,however, I am not happy with the way it works ... eg  IRL  you cannot build a well  put it where you want by carrying it about  and after several months if the base is compromised pick it up and move it 40 miles away.   Quite obviously I am rather new to modding and have also been inspired by Hydrocraft   Unfortunately Hydrocraft makes the game too easy to "win" (no offense,  have enjoyed Hydro on our servers) so I am trying to make mods that I, as a "womble" ,would know how to survive the "Plan B Scenario".              For now have updated download   PLEASE PLEASE give feedback and improvement ideas and tech knowhow

WindPower.rar

looking to this mod. but for now my electric lvl is low (3)  tryed to cheat but no result - cannot build turbine yet, dont know why, i have all parts. have few questions - does it attract zombies (and can they destroy turbine), does it need repair for som time, and can i build it on second floor? But idea is super cool, if it works - i can scavenge for days and dont worry about frige.

upd. finaly build it,yeah working time is like grnerator thats kind a wierd. and it can work inside a house.  you can try to make it buildable, like a crate or something (but with a turbine sprites, wich is cool) . and restrictions with building inside rooms, i think its dificult but possible (crops cant grow in wooden floor, kind like that principle). among that its awesome, but yeah

1 working time

2 build\place

3 maintaine (once in a month, repair with scrap metal and circuts)

good luck with the mod, im gona keep it )

Edited by bruntax

MMM  shouldn`t be able to build inside closed area  I can`t replicate that...  Yes it can be built on roof ,balcony etc  and Zeds should not notice it. Will have to check the upload in case when I added the well I did something stupid with turbine build.  Why it`s running on Generator fuel rates is a mystery ,  I made something similar for build 37 and never had this issue. If in sandbox Generator fuel is set to 0 then there is no problem but that defeats the mod because may as well use in game noisy generators then...  still looking into it and asking around to see what I have missed or what has changed in base code from 37 to 39