Mist Me

nasKo

mist-me-712x462.jpg

Less weighty blog than last week, but hopefully some good stuff still lies within. Read on!

BUILD 40 PATCHING

We’ll be releasing a new IWBUMS version for the next (final) Build 40.37 patch either tomorrow or early next week. This will contain a few quality of life improvements and the required chatbox whispering fixes, but the main feature will be the improved darkness and more colourful internal lights that we showed last week.

CONTROLLERS TEST

We are extremely grateful to everyone helping out with the current Controller improvement beta, and Stas has been using everyone’s feedback to fix bugs and streamline the system. It turns out that there are a lot of people very passionate about us getting this right, and it’s making the test process feel worthwhile and fun.

Stas has just released Controller Build 6, and at this point most show-stoppers and major irritations have been removed. So if you’ve been holding off on helping out, it’s a good time to join.

Details on what we need to know about the Controller build, and download instructions, can be found here. Everyone who gives active feedback will be receiving a free PZ Steam code as a thank you, so jump in if you fancy it.

BUILD 41

This week TEA and Martin have been doing a lot of work on clothing layering – unlocking the ability to wear items of clothing beneath, or on top of, other accessories and outfits. This has also meant that ‘one piece’ clothing like dresses, overalls and similar have become an option.

“In the below video you can see me mixing and matching outfits, and layering them as I please,” explains Zac.

“Every Outfit now supports a list of base textures for Top and Pants, and every ClothingItem also has its own base texture that it applies to the character mesh. So you could, for example, wear a t-shirt with an apron over it – and then a jacket on top. With this same combo you could also wear jeans and calf-high boots.”

“This allows for: gowns, dresses, miniskirts. Boots, sneakers, slippers. A vital choice between boxers or briefs etc.”

“Using the cloth layering system, you can even choose whether to wear your boots over- or under your jeans – or your underpants on top Superman style. Though, this said, the actual in-game UI implementation of this will still need to be done – currently it’s done through AnimZed.”

Finally, here are a few other outfits that Martin has come up with using the outfit editor and some of the new features highlighted in Zac’s video.

woman02-262x300.pngman03-262x300.pngman04-262x300.pngwoman01-262x300.png

In other 41 duties, meanwhile, Yuri this week continued his work on the new water visuals, and has rewritten the code for calculating the direction of water movement so it reads where water should be still and where it should flow. He’s also excluded swimming pools and other such bodies of the water from the system, so they’re not automatically given a shore.

This week’s foggy junction from KostyA4247. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too. Also, if you were one of the kind folk who supported us in the recent Steam Award voting then thank you very much! It really is appreciated.

The Clothing Layering thing looks like it's gonna be a blast. Sorta reminds me of SR2's Overshirt/Shirt/Undershirt system which allowed that game's ever favorited character customization. Can't wait to try out some combinations, hehe...

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Time period? That's more a post Afganistan thing.

What you are thinking of is a plate carrier where you insert trauma plates to stop rounds which is a (relatively) new development. I am referring to a PASGT vest which is rated to stop pistol rounds and low velocity shrapnel and was in service since the 1980's.

1280px-PASGT_vest_and_helmet,_1991.jpg

These totally fit the time period. I cant imagine soldiers running around with nothing but a helmet and no armor on.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

On 12/2/2018 at 7:40 AM, sharkstertheshark said:

What you are thinking of is a plate carrier where you insert trauma plates to stop rounds which is a (relatively) new development. I am referring to a PASGT vest which is rated to stop pistol rounds and low velocity shrapnel and was in service since the 1980's.

1280px-PASGT_vest_and_helmet,_1991.jpg

These totally fit the time period. I cant imagine soldiers running around with nothing but a helmet and no armor on.

I have to agree, the soldiers need some sort of vest. An armor system or just the shirt modeled that way would do.

Edited by Neutz