Inventory Interface?

DoritoS

This is probably one of the things that irritate me most in PZ and I'm not even sure what you call it. That little line you can drag that separates "item" and "category". Why in the name of god is the space for items so damn small while category has an ABSURD amount of useless space? Every time I need to open the game I have to re-adjust it because I can't tell how many of one item I even have. By DEFAULT please, in the name of Spiffo, move that little damn line over so item and category have at least a 30-70 space ratio. I can understand not making them 50-50 for aesthetic reasons i guess? Maybe it's to keep more of the screen visible while in inventory, but still.

Please tell me everyone else want this?

uuuu.PNG

Edited by DoritoS

9 hours ago, crossed said:

Yep, the keyboard+mouse version of the inventory stays the way you adjusted it even if you start a new character, it's just the controller version that resets every time you quit.

Wow, didn't know that. Do you know if they have the intention of fixing it soon, or is it something that needs to be reported again?

On 11/25/2018 at 12:11 PM, DoritoS said:

Wow, didn't know that. Do you know if they have the intention of fixing it soon, or is it something that needs to be reported again?

I didn't realize the issue only occurred with game pad users... That explains the lack of give-a-shit to this extremely annoying issue... Anyrate, it had been reported years ago with no dice...

This is the Droid you're looking for :  <LINK>

Edited by Arsenal26

If it crashes, it gets high priority. If it's "this use of whitespace is kind of annoying me," it gets a low priority. There are a literal thousand things to do at any time, so we obviously go with the higher level issues first, baring attempts to clean out the tracker (such as before a major release goes public). If something gets passed over, it doesn't mean we don't care; rather, it means we have a near un-ending and always replenishing pile of bugs and issues to work through, on top of designing and implementing new features.

Re-reporting things won't make them get a higher priority, though it's nice to know something is still an issue.  Just do it sparingly, as we do trawl the forums daily for bugs and do not appreciate someone spamming their pet issue or trying to rally others around its flag. I'm not saying anyone is doing this in this thread, ofc, but am trying to explain my perspective on it and how best not to tread on our toes.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:48 AM, crossed said:

Yep, the keyboard+mouse version of the inventory stays the way you adjusted it even if you start a new character, it's just the controller version that resets every time you quit.

Not just there, It resets within the same game session... Perhaps when you move across cells... Not sure exactly how, but I wouldn't play this game KB/M just too slow with so much going on... We're it not for the ability to fix this issue via mod, I'd have tossed the controller a long time ago.

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

If it crashes, it gets high priority. If it's "this use of whitespace is kind of annoying me," it gets a low priority. There are a literal thousand things to do at any time, so we obviously go with the higher level issues first, baring attempts to clean out the tracker (such as before a major release goes public). If something gets passed over, it doesn't mean we don't care; rather, it means we have a near un-ending and always replenishing pile of bugs and issues to work through, on top of designing and implementing new features.

Re-reporting things won't make them get a higher priority, though it's nice to know something is still an issue.  Just do it sparingly, as we do trawl the forums daily for bugs and do not appreciate someone spamming their pet issue or trying to rally others around its flag. I'm not saying anyone is doing this in this thread, ofc, but am trying to explain my perspective on it and how best not to tread on our toes.

Im far from a programmer, but seeing as how someone has already done the work of fixing the issue themselves, couldn't u just use the code, they've already written?

Have you tried to adjust them while using a controller? It's a bit more than annoying. It's like a pixel perfect grab with the mouse. You could be sitting there for 2 minutes then it just moves back later. This is the PZ equivilant of having a misquito flying by your ear while you try to sleep. 0_0

I won't push the issue anymore, but dear god it's painful.

Edited by DoritoS