Cure Zombie Virus

Maris

Hello!

Long story short we die A LOT because of bite or scratch.

So I decided to make a mod with item which can cure the virus.

UTENSILCookingPotFull.png.fb723b2e81176c7a038ece5588f4ed58.png

Recipe:

TOTALLY UNKNOWN until you research it in the game.

It is uniqure recipe for each game session.

Link to the mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1576361194

Documentation:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1576361194/1743353164096783517/

P.S.  Actually I'd like to make good medicine mod. But it must be well designed. So there won't be many useless items. And existing items will be logical connected, preferring to use game items.

Edited by Maris

I like the idea of a cure less and less even after 1000+ hours of play. More like a temp cure for one bite. IE a salve that eliminates a bite.

Use uncommon items so that there can only be a limited amount of cures in a given game even after scouring the entire map.

So antibiotics, gun kit, all three types muffler, candy cane, ...

Basically rare types of items. Need something from each even though the idea of them is stupid. IE a special metal in the muffler. A specific lube that comes in a gun kit....

Your story play it like you want. Fish of a certain weight. A dead squirrel. An Ice pick ( I think I never seen an ice pick before).

Lock it behind multiple skills.

Mechanic to build device. Electrician to wire/calibrate. Metal workers to frame. Medical to have the knowledge.

On 22.11.2018 at 3:54 AM, nickodemos said:

Use uncommon items

Thank you for your suggestions.

Now the recipe is random. And if you unlucky and one of the ingredient will be fresh apple for example, it will be difficult to get it in SP without respawning of items (but you can still use rotten apple using more complicated craft). Anyway even in MP craft is not easy because each ingredient has its own recipe, and these recipes are very rare.

Edited by Maris

Haven't tried your mod, but just by reading the description, it appears you've just made a QUEST!!!  Albeit the Ultimate Quest far as the zombie genre goes. Simple... open ended...  non-linear...  random... recyclable... what's not to like ?

I hope you build upon this mod... maybe add sandbox menu options to set difficulty (rarity) of the ingredients and how many it might require ?  ingredients like the spoiling apple could maybe occur more often in higher difficulty settings...

I like stuff like this that add new dimension to the whole game.  Good one!

edit

Just a thought.... In messing quite alot with the NPC SuperSurvivor mod, each NPC has an .ID  which would make it interesting if you could do a "Patient Zero" scenario....  Like find the Original NPC who spread the virus, because the cure can only come from his blood...  But you can't just kill him because it needs to be living blood, so you have to talk/interview them first... His specific speech can be made very close to the standard stuff with very minor differences and clues.... AAAANDD.... depending on the difficulty level, maybe they need to be at a certain "Relationship level" to unlock the information to begin with...

How difficult would that be ??

Initially I thought maybe Patient zero should be a zombie.... like I am Legend...  but i'm not sure zombies have specific ID....

OH OH..... wait there's more....  You can't even make the cure by yourself... after getting Patient Zero to JOIN your group to take them to a lab setting (school/hospital/etc) you need to find a SCIENTIST NPC...   yeah....  like assemble a team to save the world...

edit again...

AND THEN!!!!!!

All zombies are ATTRACTED to patient zero because he lets off some kind of funk that zombies like.... so you gotta run around this dude and he's l.ike a zombie magnet!!!!!

Edited by Arsenal26
Another idea

2 hours ago, nickodemos said:

So is this a full cure? IE once taken I can never turn?

Once taken you can be cured once. Next time if you are bitten again, you should cure again.

2 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

I hope you build upon this mod...

I built it from my mind. It's not too complicated but it based on background story that I came up with. But all I have from the API is ability to add items and recipes to the game and give them names and descriptions. If someone help me to spawn items in specific locations e.g. in the prison, I will make it more interesting.

I spent a few days to figure out how to make random recipes (and it must work in multiplayer!). But even after that they have numbers in their names. It's not a big deal but I dunno how to fix that. Help is needed (again).

By now my goal was to make it not easy to get and fun a bit. It won't break rules of the game because you can get it only in the middle or at the end of game session. You will reveal the recipe part by part.

Edited by Maris

I have a few new ideas!

Inspired by viral hepatitis, malaria, rabies virus, HIV, measles, poliomyelitis and ofc influenza virus.

I'd like to make at least 2 types of virus: male virus and female virus. But it's a minimum that I want. May be more virus types and stages of immunity.

What do you think how to make it more interesting?

22 hours ago, Maris said:

I have a few new ideas!

Inspired by viral hepatitis, malaria, rabies virus, HIV, measles, poliomyelitis and ofc influenza virus.

I'd like to make at least 2 types of virus: male virus and female virus. But it's a minimum that I want. May be more virus types and stages of immunity.

What do you think how to make it more interesting?

So what I'm hearing is....

You can find the cure to the zombie virus that destroyed mankind, and then still die of mutated AIDS ?

FML  that's cold blooded.

All I want is to prevent random death because of lag or misclick.

Most servers that I know prefer to disable virus in settings. There still is chance to be eaten or die from poison, cold etc. But the virus makes the game more interesting.

So the cure must exist. Let it be hard to find but it definetely must exist.

Now I want it to be more like a quest. I'm looking on to the API and there is lack of features that I need. For example, I can't use function setInfectionLevel() because it doesn't work, so I can't manipulate the stage of infection. But thanks god I still can drop it to zero and set to "false". I'd like to have more events in API but it seems that I have to use OnTick or so...

I'm going to make it as a non linear quest with a few possibilities of cure and even possibility of immunity to each type of virus. I need more detailed background story.