Genetic Resistance Trait

DoritoS

For the cost of 10 points a player gains a 1% chance to resist the zombie virus. In other words, if your bite or scratch would transmit the virus you get a one time pass. Now, as it's only 1% this is more of a really fun perk that I could see people like streamers picking. Getting bit especially is such a drag because you know you're dead, so a trait like this gives you just a sliver of hope and if you do actually hit that 1% and survive you would be extremely hyped. It's a "tell all your friends" kinda moment that zomboid doesn't have a lot of, so I think it would be great for the game. You would need to indicate to the player they resisted the virus somehow tho, or theyll think their scratch wasn't leathal. Thoughts?

Oh, I forgot to mention there are genetic resistances to viruses and diseases so it wouldn't be a huge stretch.

Edited by DoritoS

Maybe you could start with 0 but get a +1% immunity with every scratch (inflicted by a zombie, obviously) you survived as your immune system develops a resistance. 

You'd most likely die from the scratches before you reach 5%, but there would be a chance to develop full immunity and become an absolute legend :D

1% per scratch. I like the idea. Max 50% (like you could get that far before dying) but yeah it would at least give me hope and I would play out till I turn.

It's no cure and no real way to manipulate events since to get the slight bite immunity you have to be a fighter in the thick of things always risking a bite.

I agree because if you're a survivor, you must have had some level of resistance to begin with to be able to be alive and have not become a zombie like everyone else so quickly and easily. You avoided somehow whatever turned everyone around you so you have to have at least SOME resistance naturally. maybe it's because I ate a much of carrots.