Red box with the number 2 in it during game load in the lower right corner of the screen

eldergamer

Question

Red box with the number 2 in it during game load in the lower right corner of the screen.

Does anybody know what this means? I'm running  PZ's GOG 40.30

I should also mention the game doesn't seem to be running improperly but the last time I had this happen in a much older version of the game there were noticeable problems. Back then I believe a couple of the icons in the upper left side of the screen were missing. I think it was health and one other I can't remember. But as I mentioned that is not the case this time. The game seems to be running fine.

5befff90f0a2a_WhatdoesthismeanwhenIloadmyPZgame.thumb.png.1606572063fd6b99eacf71d9d726258f.png

Thanks

Eldergamer

4 answers to this question

The red box with numbers show errors caught by the console, they sometimes can affect the game and sometimes not. They usually show up when loading mods or an old save game. If it doesnt affect the gameplay then there should be nothing to worry about. You can check out the errors if you look at your console (the black box that is running in the backround)

This is some script error that has happened - this is the way Zomboid lets you know.

If you check the console when you get one of these - there will be an error message there, telling you what actually went wrong. 

Most of the time, it's nothing serious or anything to be worried about. If you're using mods, they can be expected to a certain extent. 

They won't usually cause any crashes (unless you get thousands in a few seconds - which can actually happen for more serious errors).

If you're not running any mods, and you're able to capture the content of the console/output log - there may be some bug  that TIS can identify and patch. 

Thanks for your quick replies, I am running 3 old mods. They are as follows: CureWildMeatv2.1, SurvivalBreadv2, and SweaterStrings. They all seem to work fine and the game doesn't seem to be affected in any bad way that I can tell.

I went through the log and I really couldn't make out much. I don't know what's normal behavior for PZ so it's hard to say one way or another if skipping or ignoring a file is bad or just normal operation. There were a number of things listed that seemed bad but like I mentioned before the error in the red box only states 2 issues. After reading the log I found dozens of alarming things but they must not be an issue or the little red box would have a much higher number in it.

Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know if i figure anything out.

Eldergamer

Archived