Question

Waveflower

I found a toaster in a store while plyaing.But when I took it home,I found I couldn't use it.I could't make it work,and I could't find setting after right clicking.So if the toaster can work properly  in this version?If the answer is,why i can't use it.If the answer is no,can I use it in the future?I think it will be fun if I can make toast to eat

14 hours ago, Waveflower said:

I found a toaster in a store while plyaing.But when I took it home,I found I couldn't use it.I could't make it work,and I could't find setting after right clicking.So if the toaster can work properly  in this version?If the answer is,why i can't use it.If the answer is no,can I use it in the future?I think it will be fun if I can make toast to eat

Raspberry or Strawberry jam ? :huh:

I play on the IWBUMS branch of the game and the toaster works there. It has very little capacity though, so you are somewhat limited as to what you can place inside of it. I'm guessing this is intentional being a toaster and all. You can toast bread inside of it was well as sandwiches. At present I think you can grill cheese sandwiches. I know the option to grill other sandwiches is going to be added soon enough. I don't know if RJ has been able to do anything with it since talking to them in the chat of a Twitch stream we were both watching. It may already be in the game, though I have yet to test it. Since acquiring a toaster in my most recent game I have yet to make bread to test it out.

Update: The toaster has a capacity of 3 weight. It has the icon for the oven on the side of the inventory window where it lists containers. Unfortunately there is no option to turn the toaster on like you would an oven or a microwave. I had based some of my earlier reply off of what my teammate had told me at the time of writing (the bits about the low capacity and the stove icon), some of it I had assumed (yes, you can grill cheese sandwich, but only in working heat sources which the toaster currently isn't), and part of it I think I wrote because I was tired at the time (you can't toast just bread and I know this so I don't know why I wrote that).

Archived