Medical Sups

samfish

I know you can find medical sups in the game already but in my opinion its way to rare (I mean if I was to go into all the houses in my area pretty much all houses would have a little stash) I just think meds should be more common.

also indiestone I know your busy beavering away with other stuff but do you plan on going even more complex with the medical side of the game (example: more types of injuries and ways to get through them) and maybe different kinds of sicknesses (cause iv only ever seen some one get sick once ((and I watch mathas a lot :3 )

any way please keep up the good work PZ is my main game and will be long after you finish it :)

• 5 weeks later...

I think, that there should be some kind of first-aid-kits , that would give you some items (painkillers, etc.) when opened, but they would be very rare even if loot is set to Abundant.

Don't see why they'd be too rare, you can find First-Aid kits in pretty much every commercial building (although if NPC's get them first then you may have trouble finding them), personally I think that things which are common in real life should be common in-game too, at the end of the day it's supposed to be a 'zombie survival simulator', and so let's not worry about it being too OP or anything, since in real life you would also be OP, until you're not.

I think, that there should be some kind of first-aid-kits , that would give you some items (painkillers, etc.) when opened, but they would be very rare even if loot is set to Abundant.

Don't see why they'd be too rare, you can find First-Aid kits in pretty much every commercial building (although if NPC's get them first then you may have trouble finding them), personally I think that things which are common in real life should be common in-game too, at the end of the day it's supposed to be a 'zombie survival simulator', and so let's not worry about it being too OP or anything, since in real life you would also be OP, until you're not.

Thats the main reason i set loot to at least "normal" because everything underneath feels wrong and unrealistic.

Again, medical overhaul is planned.

I fully agree with this. While we should make sure that it does not break the game, balance should be second priority behind realism.

Once NPCs get added the loot system will probably need to be changed as it isn't just the player looting anymore.

I really liked MGS3's implementation of medical care and it's integration into the stamina system, though that might be a bit much for some sorts of gamers.

Care to expand?

Well, in the game you had a X-ray image of your body with a few wounds pointed out.

A leech would require the knife, or a lit cigar to 'cure.' Bullets would require a knife to remove the bullet, syptic to staunch bleeding, sutures and bandages to seal it off. It would heal by itself eventually, but every piece cured by the right piece of gear sped up recovery, or healed it altogether. So if you were out of medical supplies and you managed to run away, wounded you weren't totally boned, but it helped to be prepared - a lot.

Having high stamina and being well-fed made your healing rate go up, but wounds would block your healing from going past a certain point. Being well-fed healed faster and recovered from wounds faster, etc.