gog.com version projzom user MODDING DEPRESSION :( Requesting comprehensive direct download link list

bobthejob

Does anyone know a website that lists all active up to date mods for projzom with direct download links for gog users? I can only find mods in random threads hit and miss across the mod section of forums here and less than 50% have links other than steam (steam doesn't let you download if you dont have the steam version of projzom) and gog users are completely missing out on 99.9999% of all the mods out there! I feel really bad because look at all these mods, and we can't download them :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=108600&requiredtags[]=Mod

774 entries

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=108600&requiredtags[]=Map

121 entries

No way to download them! :(

If you try to download the mod manually from steam it says "subscribe to download" and if you subscribe, you can not download because it will only allow the game to download the mods through steam. ouch.

Please help the gog community have the same access to all mods as steam users for projzom so we will all have fun! I beg for help! thank you! :)

13 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Sadly the number of working mods on steam is substantially less. Most are outdated. However its still possible to download the workshop mods through SteamCMD in anonymous mod (without owning the game on steam, or having a steam account).

Sadly because of my setup I'm unable to download the mods that way. I'm only able to download mods 100% manually. as for "working" mods I suppose I totally understand, that does make much truth. I even tried making a steam account but their account making process is so difficult and rejects all attempts or refuses to send the confirmation email so I can't even go on steam and beg them to repost working mods here too :(

you said before in another post you have your own website with mods? I would love to know! :):o

34 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Sadly the number of working mods on steam is substantially less. Most are outdated. However its still possible to download the workshop mods through SteamCMD in anonymous mod (without owning the game on steam, or having a steam account).

I reacted pie. I assume pie means happy things. also pillow and spiffo and like = all happy reactions. I confuse. :o   pie = good? pie. :D

Edited by bobthejob

On 11/15/2018 at 4:38 AM, moriak said:

Hey bobthejob, give this website a try, it seems to be working fine: https://beta.steamworkshopdownloader.io/

Regarding confirmation e-mail from Steam - check your Spam or Junk folder, maybe it's there.

oh my zombies. I must scream in joy you beautiful heroic genious I enviously dunk myself in mashed potatoes, HOW HOW. THIS GLORIOUS THING YOU FIND!?

THANK

YOU

FRIENDE

:D:):):):D:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Maybe this save me and able to get all mods?????????????????????   :D:D:D:):):)

p.s. steam never send even in spam folder. steam doesn't like ALL my emails :(

17 hours ago, bobthejob said:

why? I want to know your story.

Not sure how up to date they are now, but at the time... Vehicles build was not available... and coming here to see all the discussion and testing feedback and not being able to participate was just ridiculous having paid the same money for the same game title...

Also, at the time... I was not so familiar with how mods worked... more specifically, I didn't know i just needed to drop the mod files in a folder in the ...Zomboid/mods directory...  and much as you are finding, mod availability sucks... Not that I use alot of them anyways, but I wanted the ability to.

And lastly the servers were all largely empty at that time.  As it turns out, I don't play multiplayer much anyways.... but again, I wanted the ability to should I chose to...

Seems to me, that this disparity in features should be clearly noted somewhere in the description. And it reminds me of how Sony Playstation mod support was essentially nerfed compared to the same game on other platforms...  Just bad business and showing a clear disregard for what the end user wants.

Modders make mods and decide where to distribute them. We have no control over them or their work, outside of what's listed in the game's TOS.

1 hour ago, Arsenal26 said:

Seems to me, that this disparity in features should be clearly noted somewhere in the description. And it reminds me of how Sony Playstation mod support was essentially nerfed compared to the same game on other platforms...  Just bad business and showing a clear disregard for what the end user wants.

I don't really think we should have the responsibility of describing the tradeoffs between GoG and Steam on GoG"s own store page, frankly.  You should already know that it's a much smaller distribution platform that exists separate from Steam when buying there.  It not being Steam is, after all, the whole point of GoG.

14 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Modders make mods and decide where to distribute them. We have no control over them or their work, outside of what's listed in the game's TOS.

I don't really think we should have the responsibility of describing the tradeoffs between GoG and Steam on GoG"s own store page, frankly.  You should already know that it's a much smaller distribution platform that exists separate from Steam when buying there.  It not being Steam is, after all, the whole point of GoG.

All i'm replying to the question for, is to save some other end user/gamer a tiny bit of grief if their expectations of their purchase was/are the same as mine. Things are the way they are for whatever reason they are. Not trying to argue why it is, but rather just answer the guy's question.

Just a squirrel in ur world tryna get a nut, and help other squirrels sometimes.

<Edit>

The entire reason I'm here playing Indie games is because of Sony's lack of awareness. They've got a long way to go before i'll look to spend any money on their platform. I realize I made a parallel comparison in my statement above to which I won't apologize for because it's the same thing.

My hope is you hear the message and not loose people like Sony did. That is truly the reason.

Packaging the same game for different platforms that lack the PRIMARY FUNDAMENTAL FEATURES that make the game great on one platform and not the other is no ones responsibility except anyone who chooses to represent the game and what it stands for.

With that, ill continue my story...

So after having purchased the title on GOG, I was excited to come here to this forum and learn about all the endless detail and depth this game had to offer... I was truly (and still am) very excited to witness this development!!!

BUT EVERYTHING AVAILABLE IN MY VERSION WAS LAST MONTHS NEWS... because everyone was talking about stuff that was not even released on the GOG version yet. So if you want to listen to everyone talk about ANIMATIONS AND NPCS, and not be able to experience any of it... Then choose GOG.

Because that's about how it was with VEHICLES.... OMG.... I don't even know how to describe it other than COMPLETE LET DOWN...   Like telling a 2 year old, Santa Claus is just a Fat guy with no job...  CRUSHED...

Oh yeah... get this IN-DEV game.... and experience what everyone else experienced 3 months ago that no one is talking about anymore, and sit there and watch as everyone except you enjoys all the latest features that we've been waiting so anxiously for sooooo long....

But YOU keep waiting...

LOL are you kidding me !!?!???     COME ON MAN!!!

This game is SO FREAKING AWESOME.... I would have spent ANOTHER $14 even if they didn't refund my money....  It really is....  

Again.... I just want to save some other poor squirrel some grief here. That's all.

Edited by Arsenal26