Jump to content

Joypad Testers


lemmy101

Recommended Posts

Hey peoples! It's come to our attention that we don't have many people to call upon for testing or improving joypad related things in the game--having, as you'd expect, very much mouse and keyboard-centric folks in the majority to call upon. We want to improve the joypad controls to the game over the next few builds, and would love to have some people to call on for joypad control feedback who would actually use it as the primary control method for the majority of the time.

 

If you're someone who actually chooses to play with joypad we'd love to hear from you! Send a PM to myself and Enigma Grey with information on how you play zomboid, whether you play joypad purely for split screen, due to preference, or perhaps due to accessibility issues, please let us know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Details here gang :)

 

I sent details in the DMs I sent to lemmy101 and Enigma Grey. Should I re-post them here as well?

 

Edit: Oops. That link wasn't there for me when I posted this reply. Heading over to have a look at the thread linked.

Edited by Kaleidozombie
I did an oops.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I play with a hybrid style. I use a PS4 controller in my left hand, controlling movement and opening menus. I use a mouse in my right hand, a multi button Razer. I find the PS4 joystick far superior for movement than WASD keys, but the controller is far too slow and imprecise compared to a mouse, for aiming and actions. So I found what I believe is the perfect compromise. Seriously folks, try it. I think you'll like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

At the point when associated, this apparatus shows the present status of your gamepads, data sources, joysticks, and whatever else that can be accounted for by the HTML5 Gamepad Api. 

This is additionally valuable for investigating broken regulators, test equipment, and the sky is the limit from there.

 

To know more about the iOS apps, check this site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I just posted on the discord last week about how well the joypad works on this game now(i'm still in regular, not testing this new system yet). It's come on leaps and bounds and pretty much works as a stand alone. It's what the game needed to open up to a new market - for me, with the joypad/controller and the multi-player(when it launches) this should be one of the biggest games around. Been playing on and off for years and am very excited for where it will go next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played with a controler for a few years, single player, split screen and split screen multiplayer, I can say it's pretty good with the aiming rework, well done with jogging/sprinting, excluding a few hiccups, for instance in random order:

 

1. When I am in the device menu, and I press left button above the trigger and lose focus on the menu, I cannot seem to be able to get it back.

2.Disclaimer in main menu does not interact with controllers, same goes with character creation - sprite rotation, or the prompt to quit when selected from main menu yes/no only clickable with mouse.

3.Controllers cannot select colours or input symbols in the game at all.
4.Dual monitor recognition and adaptivity, I just stretch it out in extended screen, but it's windowed meh.

5.When standing next to multiple electrical devices, I have no information which one I am turning on or off.

 

Luckly I have steam controler and it can act as mouse and keyboard on command to remedy most of this.

 

6.I wish the game utilized left stick more to flavor the variety of walking speed, it feels bottish when character has no fluidity between 0-100, (not counting running), especially when vehicles have this.

7.I don't currently remember if menu opacity is a thing, but it should be for when selecting containers to the south of  your character with your inventory open you'd see which ones you are selecting better.

8.Default spacing between item Type and Category should Include more space for Type to allow for longer names and prevent cutoff which obscures item quantity.
More UI scaling options would be welcome.

9.I don't have a solution but moving and switching weapons at the same time is impossible, it's one and then the other, not both.(Maybe tapping or double tapping weapon select button could select next weapon instead of bringing up the menu IDK...)

10.Farming needs farming selection not to dissapear once you press info on the crop for it to be ready to move on to the next one. (seems minor, but it really is obnoxious)

 

 

All in all there is some jank to get used to, but I am happy with your work,, the game really came a long way. I work  at the front line and thanks to you i have something to come home to.

You guys, are the real heroes.

Edited by vegetablegardener
Added to the point 2 that the prompt to quit when selected from main menu does not accept controller inputs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Hey there! I happened to play Project Zomboid for the first time a few days ago and I'm fascinated about it :)

I'm playing with a Xbox one pad since I prefer to play from the couch.

The existing controls are quite good but sometimes keyboard has to be there to solve certain situations on the menus mostly.

I'm more than happy to help with testing if needed. 

 

By the way, I've noticed that contextual "break windows" button doesn't seem to correctly mapped. Instead it has to be done with contextual menu after pressing X button. 

Edited by Ingeniero Rob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ingeniero Rob said:

Hey there! I happened to play Project Zomboid for the first time a few days ago and I'm fascinated about it :)

I'm playing with a Xbox one pad since I prefer to play from the couch.

The existing controls are quite good but sometimes keyboard has to be there to solve certain situations on the menus mostly.

I'm more than happy to help with testing if needed. 

 

By the way, I've noticed that contextual "break windows" button doesn't seem to correctly mapped. Instead it has to be done with contextual menu after pressing X button. 

Hi there, I am the same as you, just bought this and playing with an Xbox one controller. I can't seem to change the volume of TVs or radios? I've tried different controller buttons, and even the mouse doesn't work either. Any ideas? Do you experience the same issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, danangdevils said:

Hi there, I am the same as you, just bought this and playing with an Xbox one controller. I can't seem to change the volume of TVs or radios? I've tried different controller buttons, and even the mouse doesn't work either. Any ideas? Do you experience the same issue?

 

X > Device options > RB (Select Inner) > use D-pad to scroll down to Volume > use A / B to increase / decrease volume > wait a few seconds for the action to take effect. A bit roundabout, but there are a lot of controls in this game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pandorea said:

 

X > Device options > RB (Select Inner) > use D-pad to scroll down to Volume > use A / B to increase / decrease volume > wait a few seconds for the action to take effect. A bit roundabout, but there are a lot of controls in this game!

Awesome thank you! It was driving me nuts, thought i'd have to bin off the controller. Love the game by the way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Pandorea said:

FYI, we're not working on Controller improvements at the moment, so any glitches repirted will have to wait for a .. while to be fixed. But they will get fixed.

I think the only thing I've found so far is not being able to close the TV or Radio device options box? I have to use the mouse to click on the x, unless I'm missing something again. Apart from that, all seems great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

I like to play this great game by a xbox 360 controller on my PC very much, because I have strong problems using the keyboard.

 

At the moment the game supports xbox 360 controller, only. This is a little bit pitty. I broke my 1st controller on this game. I bought a 2nd one, but this time a ThunderRobot G30. I didn't know that there are differences, because the 2nd controller looked very similar to my 1st one. Unfortunately, the game does not support the ThunderRobot G30. It is still possible to use my new controller with this game, using this trick: At first I have to put the xbox 360 controller into my computer. After that I put the ThunderRobot in. Now the ThunderRobot is seen as normal xbox 360 controller and hence I can play with it in the game.

 

I would be very glad if there are more controller or joypads supported in future.

 

It seems to bee that I can not do all with a Joypad. Therefore I'm glad that I can use my mouse additionally.

Edited by Oliver58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2022 at 6:18 PM, Oliver58 said:

I like to play this great game by a xbox 360 controller on my PC very much, because I have strong problems using the keyboard.

 

At the moment the game supports xbox 360 controller, only. This is a little bit pitty. I broke my 1st controller on this game. I bought a 2nd one, but this time a ThunderRobot G30. I didn't know that there are differences, because the 2nd controller looked very similar to my 1st one. Unfortunately, the game does not support the ThunderRobot G30. It is still possible to use my new controller with this game, using this trick: At first I have to put the xbox 360 controller into my computer. After that I put the ThunderRobot in. Now the ThunderRobot is seen as normal xbox 360 controller and hence I can play with it in the game.

 

I would be very glad if there are more controller or joypads supported in future.

 

It seems to bee that I can not do all with a Joypad. Therefore I'm glad that I can use my mouse additionally.

 

 

Have you tried experimenting with Big Picture Configuration and General Controller Settings in Steam Settings? 

 

Does the game "recognize" this controller in Library > RMC PZ > Properties > Controller? Is it picked up in Game Options > Controller?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...