No longer getting wet

Chugawuga

Hi Guys,

So when build 40 went live I started off a new game on a small server.

The problem i'm experiencing is with the weather and in particular rain.

During the first in game month or so the effects of rain were identical to that of previous builds. If I was outside to long in the rain I would become wetter and wetter, slow down etc.

When I eventually found an umbrella (check those trunks guys!) equipping it in either the primary or secondary hand would slow down the speed at which I got wet but wouldn't fully prevent it (I believe in previous builds it would).

It's now mid September (Build 40.31) and rain now has no effect. I can stand outside in it, without an umbrella, to my hearts content and never get the rain moodle.

I'm still playing the same character (yay for me!) and she doesn't have the outdoorman trait.

The server has one mod installed (ORGM) which it has had from the start, even when I was getting wet.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Sasha was unable to reproduce this. Any mods / additional ideas for what we need to try?

ive been experiencing the same issue. i mentioned it on the Darkness update post. since the update last week i dont seem to get wet very easily. i spent best part of 12 hours in a light rain, it intensified at one point and i get damp but i dont appear to be getting wet in light rains

23 minutes ago, Laird Thaddeus said:

ive been experiencing the same issue. i mentioned it on the Darkness update post. since the update last week i dont seem to get wet very easily. i spent best part of 12 hours in a light rain, it intensified at one point and i get damp but i dont appear to be getting wet in light rains

What clothes is your char wearing? And what traits (Outdoosrman?) have you got? 

On 26/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Sasha was unable to reproduce this. Any mods / additional ideas for what we need to try?

I experienced the problem on both a server running the ORGM mod but also on a vanilla single player with no mods installed.

Re-equipping the umbrella seemed to sort it on the multiplayer server.

8 hours ago, Pandorea said:

What clothes is your char wearing? And what traits (Outdoosrman?) have you got? 

I was wearing padded trousers and a blouse with no outdoorsman trait

6 hours ago, Pandorea said:

The rain just works for me...but a couple of things I've noticed: 1) umbrella is very good at it's job and 2) not all rain is equal (in other words, it may look like a lot of rain, but in game it's only some 5-10% of a full strength rain..meaning that the character is less likely to get drenched because the rain is so light)..

That's what I thought too, that there's some hidden modifier or something that is not shown to the player because the rain seems to be pretty random. Sometimes I can run around in the rain for many hours too, other times I'm getting damp in 10-20 ingame minutes.

18 hours ago, Pandorea said:

The rain just works for me...but a couple of things I've noticed: 1) umbrella is very good at it's job and 2) not all rain is equal (in other words, it may look like a lot of rain, but in game it's only some 5-10% of a full strength rain..meaning that the character is less likely to get drenched because the rain is so light)..

Thanks. That would make sense.