Post Papers on Cork Board

DoritoS

There's been talk in my Discord about renting a server for Zomboid, so others can get on and play their characters without having to rely on the host. Obviously time in the game is still advancing, but people that normally would manage things like crops, or resource gathering might not be online. It would be neat if you could pin messages on paper to the cork board for others to read.

ie.

- Don't forget to water the crops

- Bring back more thread if you find it

Some advantage to doing things this way would be organization, and it wouldn't take up floor space.

Edited by DoritoS

I've thought about the use of cork boards for a while. They could really turn into the hub of your survivor community. Not only could you add notes/messages as you mention above but you could pin a map of town on the board, so people could mark off what buildings had been looted and what area the community were targeting next. Potentially, you could trace the map so you could take a copy out with you. You could pin a calendar on there and mark off dates for certain events, like when crops needs to be watered etc. Add lists of what supplies the base desperately needs.

Cork boards could be really valuable, something where people could just log into a server, look at the board and immediately know what the community plan of attack was, without the need for anyone to be there to explain it.

Very true. I haven't used the maps in game much yet because from my experience they seem a bit vague or inaccurate, but I could definately see them being a more important part of a community's opperations.

Do you use the vannila maps or is there a mod?

Edited by DoritoS

The vanilla maps seems really really basic, like put in as a placeholder basic thats why i havent used them much, but it's been awhile so ill have to look at them again. Would you support more detailed maps that represent the city better was well?