Turning off fog in single player

eldergamer

I'd like to turn the fog and maybe other weather elements off in a single player game. Is there a menu somewhere that lets me control that sort of thing?

No offense, I realize someone worked hard to give us these effects. I just never cared for game mechanics that purposely obscure vision.

Thank you

Eldergamer

36 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

If you run the game with the -debug flag, you can modify the weather effects.

Thanks for the info, EG. 

Is this different from the weather debug panel that could be accessed through IWBUMS? 

If it is different, to what extent can the effects be modified?

Thank you for your quick reply,

I am running the GOG version 40.30 so I tried adding the -debug flag to the end of the target line in the properties of the PZ shortcut and it booted into debug when I started the game.

image.png.b73c1f8aa7f9d882668782e8451b1256.png  (For GOG people this is where you add the -debug to the end of the target line in your PZ shortcut properties)

After you load your save game there will be a new icon on the center left side of the screen that looks like an insect. Clicked that and it will come up with all the debug menus.

(Now back to my game issues) Nothing I did in these menus made the fog subside. Also being in debug mode makes your character move fast and oddly. I didn't really want to continue to run in debug so I just restored my game and removed the debug flag from the PZ shortcut.

At this point I guess my only choice is to just have my character take some sleeping pills and sleep through the fog.

If anyone knows the exact way to remove the fog and only the fog I'm all ears.

Thank you,

Eldergamer

55 minutes ago, eldergamer said:

Nothing I did in these menus made the fog subside.

I believe in the latest Thursdoid , they mentioned the ability to tone down weather effects.

Sandbox options for snow on the ground, and rain/fog fx intensity.

I'm not sure to what extent they will be customisable, but I imagine fog will be one of them, as it has been one of the more polarizing weather effects in the community.  It's due out in IWBUMS sometime this week.

Thank you for your reply Bejasc,

I did try to change the intensity slider for fog but it didn't seem to change anything.

I hope they make the setting available in sandbox but I also would like to see a command or something I can do in my current save game.

Thanks

Eldergamer

Archived