Slowdowns

crossed

Question

Hello I'm new here ^^

My problem is that the game goes slow motion for a second whenever my frame rate drops below 60, BUT only if 'multi-core' is enabled. 

Disabling Vsync helps, but I'm getting really bad screen tearing.

Disabling multi-core completely gets rid of the problem, dropping a few frames is basicly unnoticable that way, no slow motion, but I read that having a lot of zombies on screen requires a lot of CPU power, so it would be nice to have a solution that let's me use multi-core on the long run...

I read somewhere that the game "preserves frames" (whatever that means :P ) and that causes the slowdowns, but does it only do that if multi-core is enabled? And if so, can I get rid of that feature? :D

Or maybe it's something else, any ideas would be appriciated :)

edit: I have an i5-3570 quad core cpu

3 answers to this question

Thanks! I guess I'm gonna have to do that and tweak my setting once I can't run the game well enough with one cpu core :D

It's just weird that dropping from 60 to 55 FPS causes slowdowns and noticable lag and that the game runs much better with multi-core disabled for me, there must be something off on my side.. 

Just in case anyone having a similar issue reads this: 

Running the game from an SSD solved the weird slow motion problem. Since the game saves everything in the gameworld there's a lot of loading going on in the background I guess, and my hard drive is pretty old and it couldn't keep up, caused the game to slow down.  At least that's my assumption... still no idea why did it run better with one core though, but I'm done trying to figure it out xD

Now I can drive a car in a town, fully zoomed out and the game runs totally smooth. I'm so happy xD

Archived