Unable to open back of Van at certain angles (40.30)

Akilax

Hello everyone

In my current game (40.30) I encounter an issue repeatedly, where I am unable to access the back of my beloved Chevalier Step Van when it is parked at certain angles.

The problem seems to be, that the access rectangle (green) is too far away from the actual back of the vehicle when it is pointing in certain directions. In the image provided, the issue is resolved as soon as I rotate the vehicle 45° to the left or right, so there seems to be an issue with the diagonal placement of a vehicle.

Because I know how to avoid the issue it is not a game breaking or otherwise urgent problem, but as roads tend to go in diagonal directions in this game it is still a bit annoying, having to place my van horizontally or vertically every time I stop for looting. I hope the issue can be resolved at some point in the future.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Edit.: I tested some more and I actually achieved access to the back from a diagonal angle as well. Not sure what the issue is right now, but I will try to see if it correlates with the underground the vehicle is on.

screenshot_04-11-2018_12-47-55.png

Edited by Akilax

29 minutes ago, Akilax said:

Hello everyone

In my current game (40.30) I encounter an issue repeatedly, where I am unable to access the back of my beloved Chevalier Step Van when it is parked at certain angles.

The problem seems to be, that the access rectangle (green) is too far away from the actual back of the vehicle when it is pointing in certain directions. In the image provided, the issue is resolved as soon as I rotate the vehicle 45° to the left or right, so there seems to be an issue with the diagonal placement of a vehicle.

Because I know how to avoid the issue it is not a game breaking or otherwise urgent problem, but as roads tend to go in diagonal directions in this game it is still a bit annoying, having to place my van horizontally or vertically every time I stop for looting. I hope the issue can be resolved at some point in the future.

Thank you for your time and effort.

The boot is generally closed in all vehicles and you need to open or even unlock it first for the container symbol to appear in the loot window.  Have you tried using V menu to access the boot? 

49 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

The boot is generally closed in all vehicles and you need to open or even unlock it first for the container symbol to appear in the loot window.  Have you tried using V menu to access the boot? 

Thank you for your reply. I did indeed unlock and open the boot. The strange thing is, that at these angles I can still press "E" to get the opening and closing sound for the boot, but I do not get access in the item window.

Unfortunately, during my further testing I even got the boot to be inaccessible when facing south (vertically).

screenshot_04-11-2018_14-30-52.png

Another interesting discovery, I hope may help in addressing the issue:

In one orientation I achieved just now, I can access the boot from the "western" third of the green rectangle but not from the "eastern" two thirds, while the vehicle is facing southwest (~225°). I believe it has to do with "how close" I can stand to the vans back and the dynamic placement of the access rectangle in relation to the fixed floor tiles, but this is a poorly informed believe.